Suggestion via SMS

Sep 16, 2008
I was wondering is it possible to create a mentalism related text message in which we can use the power of suggestion to make the reader think of a particular number or card or anything much like Mr. Brown uses all the time. I know its possible but the team work of forum members might produce something great. What do you guys think, if you have any ideas please do post. And just to give it a direction why dont we start by suggesting numbers.

Thanks
Joe.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, there're plenty of ways to do that. If you're talking about number forces, Banachek's Psychological Suggestions 1 contains a few, including a force of the number 37. Dee Christopher's Anate could be adapted for this purpose. There is a lot of work that could be found for this - just use a text message instead of a piece of paper or a playing card and suggest away.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
While I'm sure it's possible, I imagine it'd be quite tough to pull off, because of the nature of a written message the force implied would have to be something that would work with out tonal shifts, without any form of verbal flow techniques at all really.

I personally wouldn't bother working on such a concept as it wouldn't benefit me to do so, but if it's something you really think would work in the situations you find your self working in, I wish you the best of luck!

I suggest researching suggestion and learning to understand what it really is before putting lots of time and effort into developing the techniques you're after - I always recommend Kenton's Miracles of Suggestion to anyone starting to get into this side of things, while you won't learn any effects from it really, it'll give you a basic understanding of what suggestion is and show you that EVERYTHING is suggestion, it's not just a bunch of words.

All the best!

DC

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
There would be ways to do it.

As Dee mentioned using non-verbal is a huge part of suggestion.

I have some ideas about using techniques, briefly you want to bring attention to certain words. However, you need to do this on the sly because if anyone picks up on it they will instantly reject what you are trying to do. The two main ideas I have played with are misspelling words and adding extra spaces on either side of the word.

However using suggestion in this context is more or less an interesting exercise but not a practical one.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results