Suggestions

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
i have been thinking about how i should spend my 210 dollars.
i am i guess i would say an intermediate at card magic and a beginner at coin magic. i do have just about everything in in the beginning there were coins down though. so what are some things you would suggest. i really LOVE close up coins cards and everyday objects magic. i dont like stage and i will do mentalism if it has some of a magic aspect to it or is visual.

i was thinking about getting XB to start cardistry and get cc2 to learn more in depth the ACR. again what are some things you would suggest?

thanks,
robby

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I would get the Trilogy if you dont have it already because it has lots of great material on it.I would also recommend Card Collage series and Card Feinesse.

Sep 1, 2007
Do yourself a big, big favour and pick up Bill Malone "On the Loose" vols 1-4.
Also worth a look - David Regal's "Tricks" vols 1-3.
Unmissable - John Guastaferro's "Brainstorm" vols 1 and 2.

But do yourself a favour - stick the money in a box somewhere (or the bank I suppose!) and buy them one at a time, give each one a chance to really sink in before jumping into the next one. I have learned more about being a good magician from Bill Malone's DVDs than I have from any other learning resource.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I'd recommend trying to find some really interesting effects, Alot of ley people have seen ambitious card routines and the like with Blaine and Angel being on tv all the time. Try some more underground material - Visual magic, Maybe try Who's magic's 'water to beer' or maybe some metal bending with coins (Try Strebler's 'Closer' or 'Superman') Or mentalism wise maybe try stigmata or something with that visual element.

D.

Sep 2, 2007
Xtreme Beginnerz is definitely recommended as a great way to start off in Cardistry. There's also some nice suggestions for beginning in Cardistry in this thread: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=1803.

For Christmas, I recently received "The Paper Engine" by Aaron Fisher. I've only read parts of it, but if you're into or would like to learn advanced sleight-of-hand card magic and learn it well, then this is highly recommended.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
what if i get trilogy. could that get me a good start in flourishing? like i know a thumb fan, and a one hand fan, some false cuts and the molecule cut. so could i watch the flourishes in the everything else section to get a little bit more of a beginner foundation in flourishing then after alot of practice on those, move to the flourishes dvd and learn those?

BUT..., if i get trilogy, then i wont be able to get a gaff shell set and a dvd for that, so... should i get trilogy, 3 fly III (daryl), and an impromptu coin magic dvd and an impromtu card magic dvd, orrrrr... get XB, shell set, and shell coin dvd?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
If you are into magic with all kinds of everyday objects you might want to consider David Stone's DVDs. The Trilogy is never a miss, it's awesome, your flourishing question, the answer would be yes you would be able to learn from the flourishes 101 section, although it is kinda tough because there is no text, but it's possible, plus sybil you can learn in the j5 tutorial. You will be able to learn them flourishes but with a lot of practice and time, I wasn't that great at flourishes when I got the Trilogy, but I pulled through, I learned molecule 4, a couple of the easiest j5 phases, it's possible with a lot of practice effort time and hard work, if youi are willing to put those into this DVD then you are set.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
well the cable that i needed to order for my camcorder i thought was going to cost about 40 or 60 dollars, but i think i found some for a few bucks on ebay. if these are the right ones then i will order those and have about 200 bucks then i could get the shell set, trilogy tricks dvd, XB, and a dvd for the shell coins

but i wanted to know if the tricks in trilogy dvd are good for street and to show like family and friends at school? if not what is some good card dvds with multiple tricks, (not just one) that would work for those kinds of performances?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
The Trilogy does teach many tricks, but your not going to learn them all in one day. These tricks take time and patients. This is real sleight of hand.
The tricks here can be used to show people in school, sure, why not. Their good.

If you have a deadline to learn all this stuff, then I would suggest picking up something different.
Multiple tricks would be over at E where they have HTDSM, Inside magic, and I think Royal Road to Card Magic is good, but I think that type of magic is mainly for a table setting.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results