t11.bulletin - REVOLVER by Kelvin Chow : Now Available

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Hey, i met Kelvin at magi-fest this previous year, he did win 1st by the way in the Stage contest. He's an incredible magician and i remember him showing me What i can now assume was this change in the bar. I was blown away then and im blown away now. Do yourself a favor and pick this up. And Kelvin, hit me up sometime, love to hear what else you've been working on since the convention.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Gah! I was seriously trying not to buy anything until I'd read all my current books. But hey, I just got handed a bunch of money so I gave it a shot.

Posted my first impression review in the appropriate forum.

Spoiler alert: I love it.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
Asians slowly moving up in the world. We'll move so far up that in the next Dragonball Z movie, Goku will be asian.

I really like the change though, it actually looks like a gem.

May 9, 2008
I can assure you that when first learning this move it may seem like the angles are not practical, but they are about as practical as a t______ palm (which is insanely angle friendly), I would love to tell you what I'm talking about but that borders on exposure.

This is an advanced move and may initially seem daunting as there is a lot of work that needs to be put into the actual technique making angles only seem impractical. I whole heartedly stand by what I said regarding putting this into one's repertoire. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it. You can easily perform this for more than 1 person.

Give it a fair shot - learn, practice, and master it before you criticize how truly angle sensitive it is.

-Andrei Jikh

Thanks for the reply Andrei! I do really like the change. I'm just worried about the angles because I don't feel the t______ palm is all that angle friendly. I've had trouble with flashing while using it when performing other effects. I did purchase this one-on-one, so if you'd like the discuss it in a PM, I'd appreciate any tips. I definitely feel with practice that angles will become better. It is correct that it is no more angle sensitive than the Snap Change or Jones Change, however I've had trouble with the angles with these as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Thanks for the reply Andrei! I do really like the change. I'm just worried about the angles because I don't feel the t______ palm is all that angle friendly. I've had trouble with flashing while using it when performing other effects. I did purchase this one-on-one, so if you'd like the discuss it in a PM, I'd appreciate any tips. I definitely feel with practice that angles will become better. It is correct that it is no more angle sensitive than the Snap Change or Jones Change, however I've had trouble with the angles with these as well.

and countless other magicians have been able to get the snap change down pat enough to use in performance.

May 9, 2008
I never said that the move was impossible. It's not about "getting the change down pat enough". Changes are in my opinion the most beautiful form of magic. I've been practicing the snap change, jones change, erdnase change, shapeshifter, ect for over 2 years, so I'd say that I'm quite proficient at them. However there are times where angles get me in trouble. Just because "countless magicians" can perform a change doesn't mean that angles are not an issue. The only time I've ever seen performances of the snap change is from web cam wizards 1-2 feet from the webcam or video cam. Can you point me to any videos of actual live performances of the snap change from ANY of these "countless magicians" who use the change in an actual performance? I've only ever seen it performed for the camera. I wonder why that is?

If anyone has any tips on what the best angle to present the revolver change from and what is the ideal distance, that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
I just about died when I saw your avatar.

Thank you sir! You like that mspaint circle back action? XD

But yeah anyway, I'm sure this move will take some work but I'm excited to get it down and start showing people. Ugh, its so visual. I want it now but it'll have to wait til next check. Right now me having enough gas to get to work until next check is still up in the air.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
INITIAL IMPRESSIONS. I was really excited to see this change, so I purchased it, because it looks sooooo good.... ON CAMERA. Andrei said you'd use this in all your performances, but I really can't see performing this as I don't feel that the angles are practical at all. You need to be at just the right angle. Perhaps if you're performing for 1 person, or performing over a webcam this change would work. The actual revolving motion is something you could probably use in your flourishes.

sheesh,you guys dont want to work for anything unless its super angle proof huh?
Come on,even my little brother who just started with card tricks goes the distance to do angly tricks because they are worth it. That little dude isnt scared at all.
So come on...i mean coommmmeeee oooonnnnnnn,guys.

May 9, 2008
After playing around with it and practicing for a few days, this change is definitely worth it. I made some modifications to what Andrei taught and it's become a lot easier to not flash.

Oct 26, 2007
I met with Kelvin and Blake Vogt at Purdue U. a few weeks ago. Kelvin performed REVOLVER and I was absolutely blown away! After being involved in magic for so many years, it's really nice to experience "that feeling" again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results