t11.bulletin :: STATIC by David Jade - Now Available

Oct 5, 2008
New York
Can the gimmick be in your deck through while you do other tricks and then do this one or do you have to load it into the deck?
In other words, will the gimmick prevent you from doing other tricks normally?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 15, 2008
Its been answered before.You can flourish with the gimmick in the deck.

It hasn't been answered... but Bayme did say this 'With careful, proper performance, each gimmick should last you MANY, many performances.' so flourishing is being careful with it? uhhh yeah... sure...

So, will you not be able to use the deck with the gimmick with any other tricks? and can you take the gimmick off when your done? and will taking it off ruin the gimmick?

Aug 31, 2007
It hasn't been answered... but Bayme did say this 'With careful, proper performance, each gimmick should last you MANY, many performances.' so flourishing is being careful with it? uhhh yeah... sure...

So, will you not be able to use the deck with the gimmick with any other tricks? and can you take the gimmick off when your done? and will taking it off ruin the gimmick?

I'm pretty certain you can do other tricks if you still have the gimmick in the deck. You can take the gimmick out of the deck if you want, it will not ruin the gimmick.

Jan 14, 2009
Ireland
Im a fan of the haunted deck type effects.This looks great but I would only consider purchasing it if you can do other card tricks before and after with the same deck as I don't like carrying around 2 decks.What i like about the other haunted deck effects I do is that the deck can be borrowed and be completely examined after or I can just do more card stuff with no worries.

Brian,

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
It looks way too gimmicked to me. Maybe without the fact that you have to put your finger on it it would be good. But to me it looks too suspicious.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
It looks way too gimmicked to me. Maybe without the fact that you have to put your finger on it it would be good. But to me it looks too suspicious.

To be clear, it's the SPECTATOR's finger that is on the deck as it slowly begins to separate - truly an eerie feeling for them that is interactive. You can do it with your finger (as in the preview video), but I find it far more powerful if you involve your spectator.

Also, as it has been asked a few times in this forum thread - yes, you can perform other effects with the deck before and immediately after Static (and the deck can be examined before and after).

Jan 14, 2009
Ireland
To be clear, it's the SPECTATOR's finger that is on the deck as it slowly begins to separate - truly an eerie feeling for them that is interactive. You can do it with your finger (as in the preview video), but I find it far more powerful if you involve your spectator.

Also, as it has been asked a few times in this forum thread - yes, you can perform other effects with the deck before and immediately after Static (and the deck can be examined before and after).

Thanks for the update JB.Indeed it does look eerie as it cuts.Does the spectator have to immediatley put their finger on the deck when you place it down? I might just have to add this to my wish list.Just when I thought my wallet was safe...

Brian,

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada

I guess I just have mixed opinions about this. I agree with what you're saying though.

D

Deleted member 2755

Thanks for the update JB.Indeed it does look eerie as it cuts.Does the spectator have to immediatley put their finger on the deck when you place it down? I might just have to add this to my wish list.Just when I thought my wallet was safe...

Brian,

I'd guess yes judging by all the videos out there. Of course, I don't know the method so I can't really say.

I think it's a bit too early to make an opinion about STATIC considering no one has the effect in their hands yet. I think it looks awesome, but the fact that the gimmick won't last forever does disappoint me. The gimmick is better than I thought it would be though considering how well hidden it is (according to how its been advertised).

If you're hesitant to buy it, just wait for reviews. I'm going away tomorrow for a week, but I'll be back next Sunday and my copy of Static should hopefully be in as well so I'll do a review shortly after I watch it and perform it a few times. Overall, STATIC seems to be better than I thought in a few ways and a little worse than I thought in a few ways. Seems to have its ups and downs.

I'll of course make my final judgment when I actually see the method. :)

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results