t11.bulletin - theory11 has a MASSIVE secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Wow! 7! SEVEN! That's awesome. I just sold some cards, so I've got about $175 to spend on the new releases. Can't wait to see what they are. I hope they're released on the same day. I would hate to pay shipping 7 times, assuming there are 7 different products.

Thanks to the entire Theory11 crew, especially JB, for all your hard work, bringing us quality products on a consistent basis!

Lol lucky.... I only have 30 bucks... I need to get some money fast...

Jun 10, 2010
Okay, this part of the video has been bugging me for a little bit, and the way people state it is starting to make me question it. The reference in the video JB linked us to in the first video said it was a one night event - Meaning they're all released in one night? Or only available for one night?

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Okay, this part of the video has been bugging me for a little bit, and the way people state it is starting to make me question it. The reference in the video JB linked us to in the first video said it was a one night event - Meaning they're all released in one night? Or only available for one night?

Well assuming that this project...these projects, are so massive, they would not be a one night event.

I am assuming that these are products that are here to stay.

Jan 30, 2010
Tusk, North Carolina
Wow! 7! SEVEN! That's awesome. I just sold some cards, so I've got about $175 to spend on the new releases. Can't wait to see what they are. I hope they're released on the same day. I would hate to pay shipping 7 times, assuming there are 7 different products.

Thanks to the entire Theory11 crew, especially JB, for all your hard work, bringing us quality products on a consistent basis!

Dude, what cards did you sell?! Or should I ask, how many?

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Busking. Its hit and miss somedays, though im sure if anyone does it for a few days they will have enough. :)

Anyone who's half-decent at something in an area with foot traffic should be good.

Culdesac's aren't very good for these sorts of things...I learned my lesson though.

May 9, 2008
I received a magical package! But it wasn't from theory11. It was from Amazon.com. And it wasn't magical. It was an HDMI cable. I'm kind of upset at this point that I work 2nd shift. I'll be at work during the release.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Cut and restored HDMI cable!

Any tips on busking? I've never done it before... How should I start? And get money out of it?

To make sure you don't get slapped in the face with a big fine for not having a permit/license to perform, I'd recommend going and getting one. Just search your town's website to find out how or use Google. Once you have that, you're ready to go out to a busy yet legal zone to start performing and earning your hard-earned money.

Some tips on getting money is to dress nicely and act as polite as you can. The more you are polite and kind to your audience they feel more obligated to tip. What I do (I'm still learning) is place a top hat by my feet with a couple of bills thrown in before I start to tell them that I was good enough to get money so they are intrigued. I've done a card change in the hands and received a 20. I have also been given compliments on me being polite and it was a great time because they were comfortable around me.

If you are just a nice guy who is calm and not nervous they feel more obligated to tip. Always say "Thank you very much" after a donation is placed and to smile to show them that you care, which you should be doing anyways for polite manners. I know it's what moms would tell you but it's the truth. Always be the professional in every way you can to maximize your tip donation. :)

I hope these tips are helpful to start you out on your awesome journey to performing in the real world. I've basically claimed a spot down at my market because I go there all the time and people recognize me and say "Hey! You're the kid who ______. It was awesome!!!" and they always have a smile on their face when they recognize me. If they want I will show them another trick if they are intrigued.

-Casey

Jan 30, 2010
Tusk, North Carolina
One of the hardest parts about street performance sometimes is going about getting the money. Personally I will sometimes do what Casey does and just have a small box or something labeled tips with a few bills in there already.

Sometimes I'll go along a boardwalk near a restaurant and were a button that says "I work for tips" But sometimes one of my favorites is just ask. But I make kind of a joke about it "Hey, I just want to let you know, that if you get the urge to give me $20, I don't want you to fight it. Just give in" and that usually gets a laugh especially if I'm doing tricks with actual money. Hope that helps

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Lol lucky.... I only have 30 bucks... I need to get some money fast...

Look around your neighborhood....mow somebodies lawn. They'll give you 20 bucks for like...a little more than an hour of your time.

Every neighborhood I went to there is always somebody looking to pull their weeds or somethings..

Sounds boring, and not fun...but when I was a kid I made a quick 100 dollars doing this.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Even though the main hunt is over, I'm pretty sure there's still some things left to find. I've stumbled upon one or two things after going through some stuff. I don't think it's gonna lead to winning anything but some of these things contain clues to as to what the new releases will be.

Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results