Tally-Ho :: Versatility & Questions

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I was spelunking last night in the great depths of my trashed closet when I ran across two things that I never thought I'd see again.

A used Circle Back Viper deck that I recieved two Christmas' ago, and a sealed Fan Back red Tally-Ho No.9 deck.

I immediatly broke open both decks and rediscovered how well they handle. It was a profound enough difference between my other decks that I've decided to try and use these as much as possible.

My questions about the decks are as follows...

- When using a Viper deck for something like loop work, are they a bit "heavy" to work with when using effects like the Haunted Pack? I tried the effect on my old Viper deck and it felt like I was really pushing the limitations of my loop.

- When using a normal sized Joe Porper clip for the red Fan Back deck, is it normal for the deck the easily slide in and out of the clip? I don't feel that there is much strain on the deck cause by the clip as I found with other decks.

- Where is the best place to buy red and blue Tally's at a cheap rate by the brick?

Thank you,

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007
California
I was spelunking last night in the great depths of my trashed closet when I ran across two things that I never thought I'd see again.

A used Circle Back Viper deck that I recieved two Christmas' ago, and a sealed Fan Back red Tally-Ho No.9 deck.

I immediatly broke open both decks and rediscovered how well they handle. It was a profound enough difference between my other decks that I've decided to try and use these as much as possible.

My questions about the decks are as follows...

- When using a Viper deck for something like loop work, are they a bit "heavy" to work with when using effects like the Haunted Pack? I tried the effect on my old Viper deck and it felt like I was really pushing the limitations of my loop.

- When using a normal sized Joe Porper clip for the red Fan Back deck, is it normal for the deck the easily slide in and out of the clip? I don't feel that there is much strain on the deck cause by the clip as I found with other decks.

- Where is the best place to buy red and blue Tally's at a cheap rate by the brick?

Thank you,

Shane K.

The cheapest places to buy by the dozen are: http://www.filmart.com/cgi-bin/filmart/TALHPC.html and http://www.batteriesandbutter.com/M...en=PROD&Product_Code=TALLYHO-9&Category_Code=

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Sep 2, 2007
Or if I order a brick from them, would they fill me up with one color of one back design?
When you order a brick from Filmart, I believe you get 6 red and 6 blue circle backs. (You can always give them a call and double check.)

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007

What I usually do is to have the advert cards and jokers on top or at the bottom of the deck when I place the cards back into the porpers so that they would have a pretty tight fit. However, I leave them in the box when I actually use the deck.

-Daren

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results