Teaching Technique

S

SuicideBoy555

Now personally I am a visual learner and I can go without the aid of someone VERBALLY explaining the moves. That is how I learned from LETHAL. The thing is that everyone is different. So for my orginal flourish I plan to come out with, I am of course planning the tutorial. I want your views on how you would like to see it.

Verbally or Visually. Perhaps...Both.

I know I could very easily go with what i perfer but I have you guys in mind, so please get back to me as I am wanting to film asap. I am getting buged to put it out already by some of you haha. So again, kinda hurry.

p.s.
Majority rules.

-Jon R.

May 3, 2008
Well I would prefer both. I think visually is good but I DEFINITELY prefer to have words explaining what's happening like in The Trilogy. I also like having it verbally explained to me because then it feels more personal.

Joe.Carr

Banned
Jul 3, 2009
Your taking this far too seriously, it's just a 2 handed cut, that if people want to learn, they will spend the time studying the tutorial and practicing the move. Look at how many people learnt pandora from Kevin Ho's 'lunch wif Dan', which a.) wasn't a tutorial, b.) wasn't even slowed down for you, c.) clearly wasn't with verbal/text instructions. Yet many people learnt it because they wanted to, so if anything, the whole idea of a 'tutorial' is just a bonus, your just slowing down the move for them.

I agree with Joe.Carr, if it is a good move people will take time to learn it. I remember when TommyY released a Madonna+False Sybil tutorial that was like 25 seconds. It was a crap tutorial but people wanted to learn it.

S

SuicideBoy555

pfftt

Ok well thats what I get for caring...

-Jon R.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Your taking this far too seriously, it's just a 2 handed cut, that if people want to learn, they will spend the time studying the tutorial and practicing the move. Look at how many people learnt pandora from Kevin Ho's 'lunch wif Dan', which a.) wasn't a tutorial, b.) wasn't even slowed down for you, c.) clearly wasn't with verbal/text instructions. Yet many people learnt it because they wanted to, so if anything, the whole idea of a 'tutorial' is just a bonus, your just slowing down the move for them.
Truth
Truth

Who is the TC again?

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
*Sigh*

Guys don't post if your posts are going to be completely worthless and unhelpful. Is this what he gets for asking how you'd prefer a tutorial to be?

I remember there being a topic talking about how someone disliked Dan & Dave's flourish tutorials because it was only the flourish in slow motion. ( Cant remember what forum it was on though )

I know I'd rather see a detailed tutorial a few times to learn it, rather than a crappy tutorial 100 times to learn it.

I personally prefer visually over verbally but have both is even more splendid.

Sep 1, 2007

Second question: Why in the name of Roger Corman do people think that visuals, text, or both are the only teaching methods in the wide world of card wanking?

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Second question: Why in the name of Roger Corman do people think that visuals, text, or both are the only teaching methods in the wide world of card wanking?

Well those were the two options that were presented so I said which I prefer out of those two. I never said that they were the only methods or didn't intend for it too come out that way whatsoever.

S

SuicideBoy555

Thanks

*Sigh*

Guys don't post if your posts are going to be completely worthless and unhelpful. Is this what he gets for asking how you'd prefer a tutorial to be?

I remember there being a topic talking about how someone disliked Dan & Dave's flourish tutorials because it was only the flourish in slow motion. ( Cant remember what forum it was on though )

I know I'd rather see a detailed tutorial a few times to learn it, rather than a crappy tutorial 100 times to learn it.

Really, thank you for understading the consideration it took for me to even ask. Also thanks for the feed back. Wil start filming soon.

-Jon R.

S

SuicideBoy555

Time Line

Question: How long have you been doing this flourish?

I stated this in my other Post. I have been performing this flourish for 1 and a half years. I hope most of you will like it.

-Jon R.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results