THAT was the "Dive of Death"?

Jul 15, 2008
Did anyone stick around for the sneak peek at his next special? David Blaine will attempt to watch paint dry for 72 hours. Not 72 hours consecutively though!

Of course not! you can die while doing that.

Very dangerous!

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
I'm so glad that the producers focused on the magic instead of the stunt this time around. I remember Drowned Alive was 95% stunt, and 5% magic....for the live 2 hour version that is....the re-runs were stripped to an hour, and included several more tricks.

I REALLY HOPE that all of the effects on the special are released!! I would love to learn the matchbook one, the deck flip one, and the picture to dollar bill one. I'm EXTATIC that eXile is being released....will order my copy tomorrow :D

I'm so confused by the ending as well. as he jumped down, i saw the cord, and thought that it was a noose too....he jumped so rigid and was just hanging there for a while. Then he slowly started floating around....and then smiled and went up and up and up...and then no lights....and then gone.....hmmm. Not the most dramatic ending, but I guess there was some sort of error because he smiled a lot, and had that "F! me" look on his face. I guess we will find out soon enough about the ending.

I originally thought that he would jump and vanish in a flash, or would just land and walk away....or fall, and then just before impact he would slow down and stop.....floating for a brief second before landing. THAT would kick ass (without any visual cables of course).

Edit =====

Wasn't his next special supposed to be him staying awake for 7 days consecutively? What ever happened to that? Was it just a rumour? Was it too dangerous? I'm actually being 100% serious with this. I started hearing about it almost a year ago.

Jul 9, 2008
Wisconsin
Did anyone stick around for the sneak peek at his next special? David Blaine will attempt to watch paint dry for 72 hours. Not 72 hours consecutively though!

Honestly, that's taking it too far.

I can appreciate the satire there, but still. I doubt you've never messed up during a performance, especially a "dangerous" one on live TV. It didn't seem to be his fault.

The fact remains. He's a good magician and he has done other stunts such as the not breathing thing and stuff.

Oct 23, 2007
Wow, Im sorry if I sound insulting but how can you guys as magicains not see that it OBVIOUSLY dident go through as planned...somthing messed up I cant belive most of you acually thought that was suppost to happen, cmon guys....
even my girlfriend who is the biggest laymen in the world knew somthing had to have gone wrong give the guy a break and wise up.

?what? ... ... ... ...

Oct 6, 2007
Im talking about the "dive of death" Im saying that it obviously went wrong,
and to think that is what he meant to do is just plain stupid

Oct 6, 2007
Member Join Date: Sep 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worst ending since Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. With that said....

Oct 6, 2007
So who else thought this special sucked majorly, just to end with the lamest trick ever televised. I think its official, he doing it just for the money at this point.

I feel cheated! the magic was mediocre and the bullet catch was lame. And then the Dive of death...! It was just dumb...

Post your thoughts (good or bad) on the special

Member Join Date: Aug 2007

THAT was the "Dive of Death"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF???? I thought I missed it at first, or it was leading up to something but that???

I was very impressed with everything else, just thought the ending was a bit lacking due to such hype....

Member Join Date: Aug 2007

Agreed. The ending was so lame.

Member Join Date: Dec 2007

I know... i was all hyped up... i was like this has gotta be so cool wat is he going to do... and then... he just falls while hooked up to a cable and then is pulled up and it doesn't really even look like he vanishes... i bet it was better live but still...

HOW ANTICLIMACTIC

Hi Everybody! ,

Just finished watching the special. Ending was lame

Worst ending since Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. With that said....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results