THAT was the "Dive of Death"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Close-Up Expert, Sep 24, 2008.

1. WTF???? I thought I missed it at first, or it was leading up to something but that??? :rolleyes:

I was very impressed with everything else, just thought the ending was a bit lacking due to such hype....

2. I guess it messed up.. O.O

I hope Fraud doesn't become overly-exposed after this..

3. I am so confused? I think it's called a helicopter. lol

4. Ew. Did i miss something? He like just went back up...didnt look like he dissappeared!

5. I agree I was rather disappointed in that ending to such a fantastic show. Nothing happened! Especially seeing it on television the camera just gave up on tracking him and it was like oh alright the camera people got lazy. That didn't seem very magical at all. Or stunt worthy.

6. Yea, that was kinda retarded. Would have been better if he just landed and walked off or something. Or the platform was actually a pool that he jumps in. Guess the announcer never heard of a helicopter before. He kept saying things like where did he go?, how did he mysteriously lift to the atmosphere.

7. He was pulled into the night sky and the host said he apparently "vanished". I have no idea what just happened.

8. David Blaine Special= Epic fail

So who else thought this special sucked majorly, just to end with the lamest trick ever televised. I think its official, he doing it just for the money at this point.

I feel cheated! the magic was mediocre and the bullet catch was lame. And then the Dive of death...! It was just dumb...

Post your thoughts (good or bad) on the special

9. LOL his comments made me laugh.

10. Yeah..... that must have been a tech glitch. Will be interesting to hear what some of the guys who have an inside line will have to say about what was supposed to happen.

Was it just me or did I hear boos when the safety cables caught him?

11. my friends were mad at me cause i was all hyped up and then nothing happened, i think it messed up.
    o well. for a sec i thought he hung himself, i was like. holy crap that is way bad ass, hanging yourself on national tv

12. Agreed. The ending was so lame.

13. I think the camera messed up or something. I thought he was gonna catch a bullet while falling. I thought the "not-live" bullet catch was just practice. He did hang upside down for three days and overall the special was sweet! I enjoyed watching him again its been a while :)

4.5/5

14. Maybe the cord was meant to cusion the blow, but someone got the timing wrong. IT's terrible, because that could turn a lot of people off magic. I hope it isn't the end of his career.

15. He wasn't pulled fast enough to create the illusion of the vanish
    (mess up in the rigging)

16. I thought it was a test jump or something at first. It was still fun to watch the entire show and see David perform on the streets again though.

17. Wait....what?

I completely agree that the ending was pretty disappointing.

18. I agree it was a little weird, but I think that something went wrong because David was smiling like, "All this time and the plan didn't work."

19. I know... i was all hyped up... i was like this has gotta be so cool wat is he going to do... and then... he just falls while hooked up to a cable and then is pulled up and it doesn't really even look like he vanishes... i bet it was better live but still...

HOW ANTICLIMACTIC

20. At first I thought he hung himself or something, It looked that way on my tv.
    I was like, "Noooo?".