The Hole Thing By Chris Mayhew

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Hey everyone!! Back here with a review for the Hole Thing. I dont know why no one has posted one (Maybe because you want to keep it to yourselves!) But for people on the iffy side maybe i can change your mind. On to the Review!!

The Hole Thing
By
Chris Mayhew

Price $10

Where At? Well right here at Theory11 of course! More specifically - http://www.theory11.com/tricks/hole-thing-chris-mayhew.php

What Do They Say?? Our newest release comes from the twisted mind of Chris Mayhew, in his theory11 debut. For the first time on video, he presents a brilliant spin on the age old Sandwich plot. This is the Holey Grail of sandwich effects.

What differentiates this sandwich routine from any others is something that will instantly catch both magicians and lay audiences off guard - the two Jokers have holes in them. Big ones.

Yet still, with stunning impossibility, the selected card appears between them, not once - TWICE. The cards can then be examined front and back. You hand them out - they're normal.

As a bonus, Chris teaches you his take on the classic card warp routine. Whole Warp is a new and mind blowing version with a kicker ending that will leave your spectators speechless.

Taught with 50 minutes of detailed studio instruction by Chris Mayhew in signature theory11 quality. You'll learn everything from making the holes, to execution, and performance subtleties.

Thoughts As i've said for other items of Chris's, Im a big fan of the big man himself :p. But the effect. You can see its clear, visual and of course easy to understand. The holes in the two jokers take the sandwich effect to the next level. The Gimmck is not hard to make and once i started playing with this, Wow, you just watch it in the mirror and you just do it over and over again.

Chris's Version of the Classic Card Warp is amazing. Forget bending and folding your cards or doing some bizzare wave, This is easy and of course simple! The kicker ending is fantastic.

I knew this would be a hit as soon as i saw it in "Clockwork Apple".

As a hole ( ;P ) This is just a very fun concept to play around with and Chris includes two amazing effects with it.

Teaching Chris is a great teacher, not only does he actually take you through step by step ,and in great detail, He is quite funny and just generally laid back. I enjoy watching him perform and teach. Which of course just makes the experience so much better.

Applications? This has dozens, Chris has obviously Two ideas shown here, although he has many more, Some creativity is needed but right now off the top of my head i can think of a good two or three. Its fun be creative try new and old things, get your style going.

Quality The quality of the video is impeccable, Over 50 minutes and different angles. Its an amazing video and just enjoyable to watch.

Definately a step up in the sandwich plot and The Card Warp.

I recommend this to highest of my abilities if your thinking about getting it STOP and Buy it now :p im sure you will enjoy it.

Tom

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I too have wondered why I haven't seen many reviews from this. Once I get some money I'm gonna pick this up! Can't wait! Nice review!

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
It is defiantly one on my magic tricks on the site. I had a little fun preforming it for a few mates and frying them with bot Chris' ideas and a few of my own. I can see this being a huge part of peoples every day work. The gimmick can sit in your deck, be introduced in the open and even loosly handled by the spectators. All in all this is quite a useful download.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results