The Invisible Deck

Sep 3, 2007
So I want to do the Invisible Deck in my school talent show.

My idea was acting like I forgot the deck and then using pantomime, similar to Bill Malone's Standing Ovation Presentation, with lots of audience involvement and funny moments. I produce the deck, reveal the card, and have the standing ovation for the audience participant.

Do you think this could be a closer?
Are there any ways to make the ID play to a big theatre, without using jumbo cards and a projector?

Thanks
Mike

Apr 1, 2009
California
Are there any ways to make the invisible deck big? It's already a big effect. First off, with how easy it is to perform and how simple the plot can be, it opens up a world of presentation possibilities. There are so many things you can do with this principle. just think about the potential it has.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Alain Nu has a brilliant presentation for The Invisible Deck on a stage.

Ill see if i can hunt down a performance, if not you might have to ask him.

The jist though, everything is invisible, his watch, the deck, and slowly everything appears. Its amazing and its absolutely brilliant to watch.

Tom

Jun 1, 2009
I did ID for my school's talent show, and it went great. I used jumbo cards they already worked like a regular one when I set it up, no dullcote spray needed. Here is what I did, maybe you can grab some inspiration from it:
I really like "coincidence" or prediction effects, so I started out with three pieces of paper in the audience, labeled Color, Number, and Suit. The participants were random, and I had each one select an option from the paper they were holding (Red or black for color, 1-13 Number, ect.) and then I said I made a prediction in the deck before I came onstage and then performed it. I held the deck vertically so I could easily spot their card and do the reveal. It went over great and everyone loved it.

Hope that helps with some ideas possibly!

Jacob

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results