The Last Trick That Completely Floored You

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
irony: incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs; "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated"

watch any Penn and Teller youtube video and it is probably them performing a trick then revealing it. How does an explanation floor you? thus... irony

I didn't say a Penn & Teller video, I said their show. As in live, in person, in Vegas. Yes, they 'reveal' some of their tricks. Doesn't matter, they're still amazing, and most of their show isn't stuff that's revealed.

Furthermore, even the stuff they reveal just shows how damn good they are. They have an excellent sense of theater in their act. For those that want to make a good living off of magic, I highly suggest learning this aspect of performance.

Jun 1, 2009
geoff williams impossible card location "Devestation"
Quick correction, its called "Devestator" no biggie though. :D This floored me too, until I saw the secret, devilishly genius.
irony: incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs; "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated"

watch any Penn and Teller youtube video and it is probably them performing a trick then revealing it. How does an explanation floor you? thus... irony
Exactly, its put perfectly here. The explanation can't really floor you, its ironic because you can't be floored by something you know.
I didn't say a Penn & Teller video, I said their show. As in live, in person, in Vegas. Yes, they 'reveal' some of their tricks. Doesn't matter, they're still amazing, and most of their show isn't stuff that's revealed.

Furthermore, even the stuff they reveal just shows how damn good they are. They have an excellent sense of theater in their act. For those that want to make a good living off of magic, I highly suggest learning this aspect of performance.

I was just trying to make a joke, no need to turn anything into an argument.
Yes I agree with you, there theatric knowledge is amazing and something very good to learn from.

As to answer the OP and contribute something here, I would say the last trick that floored me was.....Anythings a radio by Geoff Williams (does that count since he told us the method after the effect?)

R. Paul Wilson performed at the Castle not too long ago, and I was fortunate enough to see him use his Predator Wallet in a live setting. Honestly, I've never been fooled so badly. In fact, I bought the wallet the day after I saw the performance, and I'm still puzzling over it while I wait for it to arrive in the mail.

In short, he removes three dollars from an otherwise empty wallet. Someone thinks of any card they want-- it's obviously a free choice. The bills which were in plain view throughout the entire performance are turned over one by one to reveal the card's identity. For instance, on one bill is scribbled 'EIGHT'; another says 'OF'; and the last bill says 'DIAMONDS'.

Nate Staniforth's Lottery Prediction is one of the cleanest Confabulation effects I've ever seen as well. To this day, I've no idea how it was accomplished.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results