The Magic Cafe news... not good.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I recieved a PM from Steve Brooks regarding the recent problem with the cafe'...

The server crashed and all back-up files were corrupted :(

Everything posted after January 2007 has been lost forever... accounts, pm's, topics... everything

Just letting those interested know

Welll...that sucks...I had some important information as well as contacts etc for people who had requested help etc. If anyone reading this had contacted me, email me at chris@magicman13.co.uk and i will see if i can still help. Some cafe is still better than no cafe. There has been a lot released since January....all about 150 pages of the Theory 11 thread has gone, all the E CIB has gone...everything :(

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=192609&forum=40&3

shows you how to retrieve some of your posts. It only really helps for threads you started as most of our replies wouldn't make much sense posting them as new topics....

You can search by any username and it should return the links. You might have to look in the omitted links under the Google search and make sure you are clicking on the Cached link under the link returned otherwise it will just tell you that it was an invalid link because the actual threads are gone on the forums.

--Jim

Sep 2, 2007
Hopefully theory11 backs up its server more frequently than the Magic Cafe because, according to it, my username does not exist, and the google method is going to take a while; I'll probably just start over again.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results