The Rarity of Bizzarity

L

Liam Carrie

Are there many bizzare/self decapitating/geek magicians out there? I know quite a bit of magicians and not even one of them is a bizzare magician or even does one piece of bizzare magic at that. Why Is the old art dying off? :(:confused:

Sep 1, 2007
Bizarre magick isn't dying off, it's just sticking to the underground for the time being. It's not as inherently commercial as other genres and has no true venue. And as a genre, it's still reasonably young and hasn't really taken root in the new generation yet.

L

Liam Carrie

its a fairly old art considering the indians with the rope trick did it a long time ago. its possibly the oldest form. I have just never met an actual Bizzare magician.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I like that sorta effect... crying tears of blood, bleeding stigmata (actual stigmata, not WH one), swallowing needles etc...

Im not a bizzarist though, but I like to do more darker effects

Sep 1, 2007
its a fairly old art considering the indians with the rope trick did it a long time ago. its possibly the oldest form. I have just never met an actual Bizzare magician.

The idea is nothing new, but bizarre magick as a formalized genre is still a relatively new phenomenon.

If you're looking for resources I suggest you look at the Dragonskull website. They have numerous books available and links to other sites, as well as an archive of lectures and DIY guides to making your own props.

Finding other bizarrists can be a challenge, but I think your problem is that you're not looking in the right places.

I like that sorta effect... crying tears of blood, bleeding stigmata (actual stigmata, not WH one), swallowing needles etc...

Im not a bizzarist though, but I like to do more darker effects

That's the stereotype of bizarre magick, but there's more to it than that. Christian Chelman's Zodiac is an incredibly commercial demonstration of mentalism and serves as the opener to a parlor show I'm working on right now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results