The Steal

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Not too bad. Just couple of things, first of all waaaay to many cuts, trim it down to one cut. Second of all, waaaay to many showing of your hands empty, once is fine. Finally, since this is really angly effect, you need to cover your angles a lot better, you flashed in the video, and it will be a lot harder to cover in performance for real people.

Cheers

Oct 17, 2010
Newport
i have performed it a few times for people and they haven't caught me yet, but i don't know how they haven't. Like you said it is quite angly, from behind they will see everything. As soon as i hold the deck down it's angle free. Watching it again i can see i do many cuts. i suppose showing your hands empty to often creates suspicion, anyway thanks for the advice and feedback.

Dan

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
i have performed it a few times for people and they haven't caught me yet, but i don't know how they haven't. Like you said it is quite angly, from behind they will see everything. As soon as i hold the deck down it's angle free. Watching it again i can see i do many cuts. i suppose showing your hands empty to often creates suspicion, anyway thanks for the advice and feedback.

Dan

Yeah, it can definitely work. After all the work is done, try placing the deck in spectators hands (don't worry they won't feel it) and their other hand on top, and tell them to imagine their card slowly droping from the middle of the deck to the bottom of the deck. Lift their hand that is on top, like you are looking at the deck, place their hand back down on top and tell them to now imagine their card slowly penetrating thorugh the box, ask them if they felt something (more often then not, they will say that they felt something), tell them to lift their hand, and than to lift up the box (let them do it), and they will see one card in their hand (make it face down), they will turn it over and freak out.
Now you have a nice effect that will last a little longer, and is not just demonstration of skill on your part. And is actually happening in their hands, which is gold.

Oct 17, 2010
Newport
cheers man thats a great idea, will work on it defos. I used a pickpocket story for this and that pickpockets are fast but your idea is so much better.

Thanks a lot

Dan

Nov 8, 2007
The mock card load move into the box isn't original to you--it's been around for a very long time. Kudos for discovering it yourself though. As Toby said, all that cutting is unnecessary. I actually found it unintentionally humorous it went on so long.

Otherwise, nice effect. Very direct.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results