Theory 1-10?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
This is a quote from Dan White's artist teaser "There are ten basic theories in magic. We've discovered the eleventh" I was just wondering, what is the ten basic theories of magic? And for that matter, whats the 11th?

Dec 10, 2007
i think it went like this... Well we have 11 guys and we are making this site, what should we call it? well lets make it mysterious and say that there are 10 theories or magic and they are all very secret... so secret no one will know what we are talking about. Then we will say that each one is more closely guarded than the last, but WE have the 11th and we will reveal it to you on... THEORY11.com!

so yeah i think they pretty much made that up. But id love to hear if im wrong.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Someone posted this as a 10 theories in magic:
1. Production
2. Vanish
3. Transposition
4. Transformation
5. Multiplication
6. Penetration
7. Restoration
8. Suspension
9. Levitation
10. Mentalism

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
This has been discussed before actually
The ten theories of magic are as follows,but not neccesarily in that order.
1.production
2.vanish
3.transposition
4.transformation
5.multiplication
6.penetration
7.restoration
8.suspension
9.levitation
10.mentalism.
Hope that answers your question.

Oct 24, 2007
Yeah, 1-10 is...

1. Production
2. Vanish
3. Transposition
4. Transformation
5. Multiplication
6. Penetration
7. Restoration
8. Suspension
9. Levitation
10. Mentalism

...and I believe Theory 11 is...

11. Evolution

Tyler

Apr 28, 2008
This question was asked a while ago and somebody replied with a list of 10 'plots' of magic containing stuff like transformation, transposition etc.

I googled ten theories of magic and nothing really came up except this list.

http://blog.worldvillage.com/recreation/the_ten_basic_magic_effects.html

It just seems like a list some guy made up to more easily catergorize effects.

I don't believe there is an 'official' set of theories that are widely known my magicians. They probably just though Theory 11 was a cool name.

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
Some people classify magic in 7 catagories, and others classify it in (up to) 37 different categories. But the majority of magicians classify it in 10 categories (the ten in the previous post), and they decided to make it sound mysterious and say there's an eleventh....(just how mentalists pretend to have a sixth sense)

Hope this helps,

-PTG

Jun 28, 2008
Missoula, Montana
Yeah, 1-10 is...

1. Production
2. Vanish
3. Transposition
4. Transformation
5. Multiplication
6. Penetration
7. Restoration
8. Suspension
9. Levitation
10. Mentalism

...and I believe Theory 11 is...

11. Evolution

Tyler

i have heard that to but i dont really see how those are theories...
evolution seems like a theory to an extent but 1-10 seem more like different categories

Hmm I wonder why an artist never replied to these threads.;)

I sometimes think that too...

Its just like with the White Centurions, they are a limited edition but how limited? Everyones keeping it a secret and was it Andrei or a mod i cant really remember wich one said that there are only 1000 like it was no big deal.

I mean why be so mysterious just say how many there are and people will still want them because 1100(okay so 1000 is now) is not alot of decks.

We want to know more about stuff but sometime it seems that T11 is ellusionist all over again but sometimes its dosent. Like the new Confessions section.

(Okay i think i made a biiiiggg OT whit this post, i think i may have skipped my point :) oh well...)

Anyway the Artists should talk to us even here. Not accosionally make one post and its the SNC orsmth. They should take like an hour or two mabe not in a day but 2 or 3 just to make some things clearer. And they should disscuss the products and what connection they have with them. (i mean the products section in the forums...)

Mikk

Jul 15, 2008
maybe the eleventh theory is:

make lots of money off young gullible magicians like u and me

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
from Trooper
I loled @ #6

Okay, is it my dirty mind but could the whole list of 10 theories, when read in reversed order, makes an outline for a cheap, sleazy story....?

1. Production
2. Vanish
3. Transposition
4. Transformation
5. Multiplication
6. Penetration
7. Restoration
8. Suspension
9. Levitation
10. Mentalism

...*sigh* I shouldn't have made this post......

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results