theory11 : David Blaine - Dive of Death - News

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
David Blaine is currently preparing for his upcoming special and endurance feat, and we gathered up a couple of our favorite articles to keep you in the loop. For those not in the know, he will be hanging upside down over Central Park for three days and nights... like a frickin' bat. The Telegraph article also mentions Doug McKenzie.

> > > NY Times Article
> > > London Telegraph Article
> > > Parallel News Post

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
"But now, he says, he's getting 'back to the basics', and suggests that the move is partly a reaction to the flashier magic style of Criss Angel (known for his Mindfreak television series, and for making such things as Lamborghinis disappear). 'Magic shouldn't be about expensive cars disappearing,' Blaine says, then shuts himself off: 'I shouldn't talk about that.' "

Hhaha a subtle jab at angel

danwhite

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Yo guys -

Anyone that can come in the city to see the stunt, definitely come check it out. The event starts 9:00am EST on Monday, September 22nd for three days, with the finale on September 24th at 9:00pm EST. If any of you guys can make it out, definitely shoot me a PM or post on the forums and I'll try to hook it up.

/ dan.white

Sep 15, 2008
If you get the chance and have the time, check out the London article. It really is an amazing read.

And it tips some pretty interesting stuff. Information about old shows and his latest one.

This is great stuff.

Jul 29, 2008
Wait... what is exactly in going to be in his special? Just him performing this stunt? Or is there going to be sleight of hand involve (magic) in this special?

May 24, 2008
Is anyone gonna be in NYC cuz I live there and I will go to see him. Dan White, are you going to be there a lot since you've been working with the big DB?

Sep 2, 2007
Awesome. The articles were a great read, and I can't wait to see the "Dive of Death".

It's always great to see an artist push the envelope, challenging oneself and one's limits to truly see what is capable -- and possibly arriving at a result that some thought was not even possible. I'll definitely be in Central Park to see this inspirational feat.

Cheers,
JTM

May 24, 2008
Awesome. The articles were a great read, and I can't wait to see the "Dive of Death".

It's always great to see an artist push the envelope, challenging oneself and one's limits to truly see what is capable -- and possibly arriving at a result that some thought was not even possible. I'll definitely be in Central Park to see this inspirational feat.

Cheers,
JTM

Its above Wollman Rink I believe in case you end up wandering Central Park for a few hours.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results