Theory11 - Nearly One Year Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
So it's been just about a year since we started receiving teasers about Theory 11. I recently went back to www.whatistheory11.com and watched all of the old teaser videos. I wrote down some of the key words and phrases that caught my attention while watching the videos. Words and phrases like:

"Revolutionary"

"Every so often something really exciting comes along. And this is it."

"Underground"

"There are ten theories in magic. We've discovered the eleventh."

"And what you've seen so far...is just the beginning!"

"This is the next step. The next evolution."

"Some of the best names in magic."

"A magic site that's like no other."

Well, is it true? A year later, are you experiencing "the next evolution" here at T11? Is this a site that's like no other?

Or, did Theory 11 do exactly what they accused others of doing in their promo videos; create hype to create sales?

Your thoughts...

unlike other site T11 takes time developing tricks and cards and only market their original effects. This would be the reason only like 7 DVD's are being marketed here at this point. However, it is not quantity it is quality and they put some serious effort into everything they produce which is why they are the next step in magic. I mean I have the trilogy for about 4 months now and I can only do like 2 tricks and 1 floursh. And it's not because it's hard but because the more you watch the more you see. That's why they have been succesful. Thank you all. Thank you T11.

P.S: The only thing ticking me off is the WIRE. Hurry up! Just kidding. But seriously everyday I come to the forums I always check the wire first.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
I think that all the T11 artists should release a book together. That's what I originally thought T11 was going to be based on the videos on the teaser site...one big collection of material from these people.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
unlike other site T11 takes time developing tricks and cards and only market their original effects. This would be the reason only like 7 DVD's are being marketed here at this point. However, it is not quantity it is quality and they put some serious effort into everything they produce which is why they are the next step in magic. I mean I have the trilogy for about 4 months now and I can only do like 2 tricks and 1 floursh. And it's not because it's hard but because the more you watch the more you see. That's why they have been succesful. Thank you all. Thank you T11.

P.S: The only thing ticking me off is the WIRE. Hurry up! Just kidding. But seriously everyday I come to the forums I always check the wire first.

Actually I'm starting to see quantity occasionally outweigh the quality, they have been updating the 1on1 every week and I feel some are just put out for the sake of it.

Aug 31, 2007
Actually I'm starting to see quantity occasionally outweigh the quality, they have been updating the 1on1 every week and I feel some are just put out for the sake of it.

Agreed

*cough*flow*cough*

But overall it is great site with good tricks and its great to have people like Chris Kenner, Lee Asher, Dan and Dave ect. even though they don't post that often.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA

The only reason they do that is because many members expressed that they wanted more 1-on-1's on a regular basis. Originally they were releasing them ever few weeks or so.

yeah flow sucked..

Uhh... Flow was on Ellusionist.

David

Sep 1, 2007
Worcester, UK
"Revolutionary"
I would like someone to explain.

"Every so often something really exciting comes along. And this is it."
Exciting maybe but the Illusion wears off once you hit the age of 13

"Underground"
Google Search "Learn Magic" and Why all the Marketing?

"There are ten theories in magic. We've discovered the eleventh."
A Website? Really doesn't go with the other 10?

"And what you've seen so far...is just the beginning!"
(They haven't asked for your money yet)

"This is the next step. The next evolution."
Evolution? Ape to Man = E to T11

"Some of the best names in magic."
(We stole them from Ellusionist)

"A magic site that's like no other."
Its a Rip off but ITS EXCLUSIVE
[/COLOR]

Sorry I had to do it :)

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
According to google define...

Definitions of revolutionary on the Web:

* markedly new or introducing radical change; "a revolutionary discovery"; "radical political views"

Personally for me (don't get me wrong I like Theory11 as much as the next guy) other than the 1-on-1 section and the way things are run, I don't see much revoltionaryish (new word ftw) stuff. Who knows, maybe TheWire will change things...

Also, just wanted to point out, you said they stole names from Ellusionist? Please, you can't steal a person, they have to go willingly. Contrary to popular belief, Theory11 and Ellusionist do not hate each other. Neither party has stated as such and it's just ridiculous and pedantic speculation that is trying to start a rivalry.

Two sites - One community

Which is what I think the 11th theory of magic is: The Community.

Ok, flame me, burn me, bbq me whatever. Just make me taste good. ;)

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Well 1on1's are short and quick and people can pick and choose and learn simple things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results