theory11 news bulletin 09/10/08 : Special Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2008
It always kills me when people start "opinion price setting" without merit. If CK goes over Missing Link better that alone is worth over $500 dollars. Think about it, for the rest of your life you can. fry people with 2 rubber bands Priceless.

The instruction in the book is fine. You may have to read it twice, but I learned the effect in 10 minutes. It's so easy, all you need is about 1.5 seconds of misdirection. For about the past year I did, and for the rest of my life I CAN fry people with 2 rubber bands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 23, 2007
NC
The instruction in the book is fine. You may have to read it twice, but I learned the effect in 10 minutes. It's so easy, all you need is about 1.5 seconds of misdirection. For about the past yearcI did, and for the rest of my life I CAN fry people with 2 rubber bands

Thats great. A lot were having trouble with doing the thingy, myself included. I was using it as an example though. I'm sure most got the point.

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
I'd love to see the price at $100. Keeps the little Youtubers away from it and the respectable magicians know that this is an absolute bargain and would snap it up in a jiffy

Aug 31, 2007
I'm very excited about this.

So when you say 50 hours of footage . . . Does this mean actually 50 hours combined DVD's?
Like, I will be in my room for 2 days + 2 hours?
lol

50 hours of footage. Once editing is put in, probably 6 hours at the most.

If this is over 50 bucks I'll just stick to the book.

So what? Let them. Yeah its annouying but if your doing it awesome and they suck who wins?
I am agreeing with you

Its Kenner. Need I say more?
of course, i got control just for the funny stuff

It always kills me when people start "opinion price setting" without merit. If CK goes over Missing Link better that alone is worth over $500 dollars. Think about it, for the rest of your life you can fry people with 2 rubber bands. Priceless.
its an opinion, it's probably going to be like the trilogy price wise. I have Missing link but i don't think t11 wont make any money selling this dvd for more than $200. Agree or disagree?

This is just my opinion.

Thanks
-Mike

D

Deleted member 2755

I can't really see this being cheaper than the book.

-Doug

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Creeper, to one extent I can see what you're saying. The video will popularise the book effects to levels of D&D, and look what happened there, bad everythings.

Personally, it's not an issue for me, devaluation of the book, since there are far less Australians this would impact - so it would have a negligible impact on me.

On the other hand, I do sympathise with your argument - but I also have to point out that on the other hand, there's nothing wrong with you just going out and performing it better than anyone else out there. All the bad magicians who will post bad YouTube videos - so what? Don't forget, we perform for real people, not YouTube. YouTube is not synonymous with performance, and from my personal experience I can honestly say I've never seen anyone say to me "Someone else has shown that to me before." From an actual performing perspective, not just on YouTube, the abundance of bad Bad Credit videos shouldn't affect your performance of it, if you can do it better than anyone else. As I said, we perform for people, not YouTube.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
For the love of god, can't anyone listen to me? ITS TAKING VALUE AWAY FROM THE BOOK! Now every kid on the block is going to be doing bad ThreeFly's. Not that many people had the book, which is a good thing. Now no one will buy the book again because they'll learn from the dvd, because its "easier" Can some of you guys stop kissing so much *** and look at this realistically?(spl.)
Sorry man but I really dont care if some kids get it, I care more about what I learn and not what others learn..

That isnt much a trouble for me because here in Venezuela, rarely kids speak english, and they dont like magic so much to buy a dvd which is so expensive if you change it into bolivares (the currency here), and I still dont know anyone that knows theory11 here, mostly magicians still goes to penguin and that thing, I wanna keep theory11 to myself..(or are they thinking the same, and dont wanna tell me about t11 either xD)

The case is, that theory11 wont stop this BIG project because of your post ;)

Peace,

Aris

And I think if its going to be a set, their parents arent gonna spend more than 60$(which I think is gonna be the price or more if there are more than 2 dvds) because a little kid wants to learn some tricks.. look at the bright side...

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela

Sorry but I dont think that all the effects of TOOC are going to be explained and improved, with new tips, and some new ideas for under 50$, just my opinion..

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I have Missing link but i don't think t11 wont make any money selling this dvd for more than $200. Agree or disagree?
[/COLOR]
I dont happen to think its our role as magi or customers to worry where they make money selling the dvd or not. I think we should concern ourselves more with how the material fits our style and those type issues. Thats just me.

Some appear to be feeling threatened because this material will be more available but thats is a selfish stance to take. Remember, the creator wants to release it. He wants it out there. Who are we to say "no dont".

This is awesome stuff by an awesome man. I am honored that he is sharing it. I am grateful that T11 is putting it out and i'm tickled that I have a chance to learn from a master.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 6, 2008
Egypt
Personally, i think it's a great idea because some moves in the book are difficult to learn, as for me, i am getting this for sure, and i hope they divide each type of magic in a different DVD, like a DVD for card magic, another for coin magic, and a third one for other stuff

Sep 1, 2007
If we take Jon Raiker's word for each effect being around fifteen minutes and there are about 30 effects in the book, and we factor in intros, extra thoughts, history lessons, and CK shenanigans, I'd say we're looking at about eight hours (seven and a half if we look just at the effects). So we're probably looking at about 4 disks. The Trilogy is 75 bucks here, which is about 25 per disk (75 divided by three is 25, for those of you who are numerically deficient). So it would probably be reasonable to assume around 100 clams for the TOoC set. Now, if there's any new material, all bets are off, but that there's my guesstimation.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I dont happen to think its our role as magi or customers to worry where they make money selling the dvd or not. I think we should concern ourselves more with how the material fits our style and those type issues. Thats just me.

Some appear to be feeling threatened because this material will be more available but thats is a selfish stance to take. Remember, the creator wants to release it. He wants it out there. Who are we to say "no dont".

This is awesome stuff by an awesome man. I am honored that he is sharing it. I am grateful that T11 is putting it out and i'm tickled that I have a chance to learn from a master.

The second paragraph especially actually, is a good point, ultimately it's up to the creator. And as I said before, it shouldn't devalue your performances if you perform it well, just because others perform it badly on YouTube.. Unless people perform solely for YouTube.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well...

This IS a nice surprise!

This set'll be amazing, Hopefully it'll show some actual performance clips rather than 'To-Camera' performance... Either way. it'll be rockin' though.

CL

Sep 1, 2007
Thing I don't get is why people are getting pissed off when Theory11 is giving you quality material. TTOC will be awesome, I'm sure of it. Almost everything T11 has come out with so far hasn't disappointed. I'm pumped for TTOC because I haven't had the chance to buy the book, so I'm going to pick up this DVD set because it's something I've always wanted to own.

Mitch

What do you mean you didn't have the chance to buy the book? The book was reprinted for quite a while already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results