theory11 news bulletin 09/10/08 : Special Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
Just what I need, another DVD!!! No thanks, I myself have enough to practice as it is. Trilogy DVD, Surfaced, Daniel Madisons DVD set, etc.. I would have preferred maybe releasing more white Centaurians or maybe getting the wire portion of this site going. I think T11 is turning into the other sites and just worried about the almighty dollar! T11 is no different.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Just thought I'd clarify a few things:

Firstly, this will obviously be a DVD set - not a single DVD. However, the video itself will not have a run time of 50 hours+. Factoring in post production, we'll manage to compress everything down to a couple (or a few) discs.

Keep in mind that this won't just be a rehash of exactly everything in the book. CK will be detailing his updated work, tips, and handling on previous effects from the book, as well as brand new ideas (never before published) and bonus footage.

Even if you do already have the book and know EVERYTHING inside of it, there is still something in this for everyone. Seeing an effect explained in a one page description 15 years ago - and seeing the original creator explain it 15 years later - with an average of 15 minutes of instruction per effect - is a difference equivalent to night and day.

Just what I need, another DVD!!! No thanks, I myself have enough to practice as it is. Trilogy DVD, Surfaced, Daniel Madisons DVD set, etc.. I would have preferred maybe releasing more white Centaurians or maybe getting the wire portion of this site going. I think T11 is turning into the other sites and just worried about the almighty dollar! T11 is no different.

Then shut up and don't buy it.

Sep 1, 2007
So will this be like a companion to the book, or will it be redundant for those who already own the book to get this? I mean, how updated are we talking here in terms of the material? Will there be any new pieces?

Sep 1, 2007
i know the whole if you don't like it, don't buy it thing, but this is taking the value away from one of my favorite books. I don't care if its just one-page descriptions(which it isn't) If you really want to learn the material, you will.

Anyways, the teachng is great in the book. Short of 1 effect, I can understand everything in that book. Sadly, I'm not going to do the material nearly as much as I do know, because I'll just be another kid doing that youtube trick.

Thanks Sean. Just like I said before, I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

Sep 1, 2007
To add to that, I'd rather learn from a book than DVD anyday. It makes you feel like you earned it.

D

Deleted member 2755

Then shut up and don't buy it.

I wouldn't had worded it like that.... but I pretty much agree. ;)

The book is amazing and the DVD set I'm sure will be just as awesome.

In my opinion, if you don't have the book yet... buy it. I learned some great things from this book, but there are those few effects such as Missing Link that I would LOVE to perform, but I find the descriptions a bit too difficult for me. I think having a visual aid will help a lot. Having both the book and DVD set I think is a great idea. Expensive? I'm sure it is. However, this book is STUFFED with great material. This DVD set will be no different.

Everyone in the art of magic should read books. Many people on here will disagree with me on this, but when you are into magic long enough, you will realize this someday. DVDs are great, but books are also very important. So I recommend both. If you have the book, get this set. It will have some new effects, tips, and more. If you don't have the book... get the book and then decide if you want the DVD set. If you don't want to make that huge of an investment... then choose between the book or DVD set. You won't be disappointed either way. Kenner is a very creative guy and the stuff in this book is brilliant.

-Doug

Well I was justing reading TOoC and I looked up and thought the book penetrated the screen or that I was seeing things.

I think its dumb to make this DVD set after the book and all but hell its not like no one is gonna buy this...I will be one who is not though.

~PaCo

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
There is something in this for everyone. To those of you who posted that already have the book - wait till you see this. Imagine creating an effect, working on it for a while, then publishing it. Then imagine working on it some more, improving it, tweaking it, testing it for TWENTY more years. Imagine what the effect would be like then. That's what we have on our hands here, and you're in for a ride.

The instruction in the DVD is extremely detailed - with tons of tips, alternate handlings, and even some brand new ideas never before published. If you already own the book - this will rock your world. If you are new to the wild world of CK... this will be a damn good first impression. ;)

Nov 30, 2007
Totally Out of Control is a great book but I don't think I will buy the DVD set since I have the book, although the DVD's would be nice...

EDIT: Now I am questioning buying it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I wouldn't had worded it like that.... but I pretty much agree. ;)

The book is amazing and the DVD set I'm sure will be just as awesome.

In my opinion, if you don't have the book yet... buy it. I learned some great things from this book, but there are those few effects such as Missing Link that I would LOVE to perform, but I find the descriptions a bit too difficult for me. I think having a visual aid will help a lot. Having both the book and DVD set I think is a great idea. Expensive? I'm sure it is. However, this book is STUFFED with great material. This DVD set will be no different.

Everyone in the art of magic should read books. Many people on here will disagree with me on this, but when you are into magic long enough, you will realize this someday. DVDs are great, but books are also very important. So I recommend both. If you have the book, get this set. It will have some new effects, tips, and more. If you don't have the book... get the book and then decide if you want the DVD set. If you don't want to make that huge of an investment... then choose between the book or DVD set. You won't be disappointed either way. Kenner is a very creative guy and the stuff in this book is brilliant.

-Doug

For the love of god, can't anyone listen to me? ITS TAKING VALUE AWAY FROM THE BOOK! Now every kid on the block is going to be doing bad ThreeFly's. Not that many people had the book, which is a good thing. Now no one will buy the book again because they'll learn from the dvd, because its "easier" Can some of you guys stop kissing so much *** and look at this realistically?(spl.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
There is something in this for everyone. To those of you who posted that already have the book - wait till you see this. Imagine creating an effect, working on it for a while, then publishing it. Then imagine working on it some more, improving it, tweaking it, testing it for TWENTY more years. Imagine what the effect would be like then. That's what we have on our hands here, and you're in for a ride.

The instruction in the DVD is extremely detailed - with tons of tips, alternate handlings, and even some brand new ideas never before published. If you already own the book - this will rock your world. If you are new to the wild world of CK... this will be a damn good first impression. ;)

Are you insinuating that Chris Kenner is more than 20 years old? I refuse to believe that obvious fabrication.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA

Glad to see the T11 thought ahead knowing they needed something unique apart from the book. I love the sound of that, very nice job.... anxious to hear when it's planned on being released.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Are you insinuating that Chris Kenner is more than 20 years old? I refuse to believe that obvious fabrication.

Yes, Chris Kenner is 20 years old. His birthday is coming up on October 11th... the big 2-1.

EDIT: My math may be a little bit off. By 10 or 20 or 25 years.

For the love of god, can't anyone listen to me? ITS TAKING VALUE AWAY FROM THE BOOK! Now every kid on the block is going to be doing bad ThreeFly's. Not that many people had the book, which is a good thing. Now no one will buy the book again because they'll learn from the dvd, because its "easier" Can some of you guys stop kissing so much *** and look at this realistically?(spl.)

Kids won't be making bad vids since they would rater buy something from E or some new conept in magic blahblahblah. They won't even be able to learn anything since the moves are hard. They probably won't buy it. How many kids bought the erdnase dvds. Probably none. I have by forces unseen and a few other great magic books but I always thought it would be easier to learn from a dvd. luckily I finally have the chance to purchase this but in a dvd format. Oh and don't know if you realized but I'm not really a fanboy. I just post alot.;)

D

Deleted member 2755

Actually to be completely honest, I thought the new announcement was going to be a coin DVD. If it were, I was not going to get it. (I told many people this.) I don't do coin magic. (I know this has a ton of coin magic, but it also has card magic, rope magic, and more.)

I am looking at this realistically. Every kid on the block? Wow, I never knew so many people I knew even heard of Theory 11. I guess every person I know had me fooled. Wow, I better stop buying stuff from here.

Can some of you guys stop saying that we are [insert inappropriate jerk comment here] and look at this realistically? ;)

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results