theory11 news bulletin 09/10/08 : Special Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2008
How many dvd's will be on the set, and if downloading is available, how will it be split up?

May 8, 2008
England
Quality I'm sure that having it on DVD will be good, especially for people who don't have the book. Also, extras :)

The wire isn't real, just a way to build tension... Just you wait and see :p:p

-S

Sep 1, 2007
Man, I'm really dissapointed. I love theory11 to death, but why? Why'd you do this? This is a fantastic book! It probably my favorite book of all time. Why would you put it on dvd? There's no answer. Don't give me the visual learner crap. Tell that to Simon Lovell. Chris is like my favorite magician, but I can't buy this. Now every single kid on the planet is going to do Twister badly.

There's so many gems in that book. Half of them are already 1on1's. This takes so much value away from the book.

I was thinking:

1yay!!! new thing from theory11!!!!:D

2. there rereleasing a book I could get some where else!?!?!?!?!:mad:

3.then I saw 50 HOURS then i relised this was goin to be an awesome dvd!!!!!

this is moving to the top of my list right above the trilogy, guitar, and a cool new bike.:D

For comparison, the Trilogy is about 6 hours. This will be about 8 times that.

The downfall, is the Trilogy costs anywhere from 60-100 dollars, for a mere 6 hours of footage. This is 50 ****ing hours of footage, so I'm a bit scared at the price. :p

May 2, 2008
Man, I'm really dissapointed. I love theory11 to death, but why? Why'd you do this? This is a fantastic book! It probably my favorite book of all time. Why would you put it on dvd? There's no answer. Don't give me the visual learner crap. Tell that to Simon Lovell. Chris is like my favorite magician, but I can't buy this. Now every single kid on the planet is going to do Twister badly.

There's so many gems in that book. Half of them are already 1on1's. This takes so much value away from the book.

Quoted for the truth.

Although it was Kenner's choice to put it on a DVD... Eh, oh well. Nothing I can do.

Sep 1, 2007
I think they filmed 50 hours of footage, it doesn't contain 50 hours.

Thanks Volcan, glad I'm not alone on this one.

I once had a dvd that had a wide screen version on one side and a fullscreen on the other side so you flip it over to watch the other version.

in the book you have to flip over the book to read the other half of the book.

maybe they might do something like that?

Originally Posted by DiegoCasanueva
50 hours? How is that even possible?

50 hours of footage is very possible. That does not mean that there will be 50 hours of video on the DVD. (Lots of editing) If that was true, then the dvd would cost like $200.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I was curious why everyone was assuming the book couldn't be purchased as well. I love the fact that they made it into a dvd but if I already had the book I'd feel a bit pissed. I really expected something new and wonderful (not to say this isn't wonderful, but it certainly isn't new) the community is going to be rather divided about the outcome of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results