theory11 newsletter released : Control Contest Details

Nov 25, 2007
UK
Well that sounds like an awesome contest! I probably wont be able to take part because of how late its being released, but i'll definitely be getting it at some point! Unless the servers crash like they did for E with the Indecent release.... might stand a chance again if that happens....

Will it be available for download? And, if yes, are theory11 downloads playable on macs?

Sep 2, 2007
Will it be available for download? And, if yes, are theory11 downloads playable on macs?
Yes-- Control will be available as an Instant Download, as a High Resolution DVD, and as a combination thereof. Moreover, all theory11 downloads are compatible with and playable on Macs.

Only 1 day, 8 hours, 9 minutes, 45 seconds, and 666 picoseconds before release... :D

Cheers,
JTM

Nov 25, 2007
UK
Woohoo! Thanks for the info dude!

Oh no, now i have to find some money.... time to start selling organs again... you only need one liver to live right?

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Crap! I'm working night shift on Friday night... There's no way I can make it back to my computer in time.

Theory 11 either needs to sell me an instant teleportation effect and/or make the Control release date a national holiday...

Nov 25, 2007
UK
Thanks for letting me know, i was about to sell one of mine for the exact retail price of control! Although, that might be a cheaper way of stopping my pulse...

Jan 16, 2008
I'm an amateur hobbyist "magician" in hong kong...which is quite far from America. I was wondering, what will happen after those 500 copies of Control are sold out? What if i order the next day and it's out of stock? Please can someone answer my question? Thanks!

(btw no matter how long it takes. no matter how much $$ it takes. I AM GETTING CONTROL.)

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I'm an amateur hobbyist "magician" in hong kong...which is quite far from America. I was wondering, what will happen after those 500 copies of Control are sold out? What if i order the next day and it's out of stock? Please can someone answer my question? Thanks!

(btw no matter how long it takes. no matter how much $$ it takes. I AM GETTING CONTROL.)

The first 500 were just for the contest participation. I am 99.9% certain they are going to have plenty of copies to sell for all those interested in picking it up. There is also going to be a download available if you are interested in that instead of waiting for the DVD and saving on shipping costs as well =)

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Just a quick question re the effect,

Does the spectators fingers stay in the same place on your wrist throughout the whole effect?

Hmm... That IS the question...

I was trying to think of an impromptu method myself, and that did come to mind.

Wouldn't the spectator notice if their own fingers move?
Or if you rotate your wrist slightly?

I sincerely hope that's not the method....

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
How do you know if you were one of the 500 that got into the contest??????:confused:

JB is going to call all 500 people between 4am and 5am EST when they are all done partying. If you fail to pickup the phone you are out, no soup for you!

Seriously though I doubt they are going to list all 500 people but instead just draw a name out of the first 500 and declare a winner. Good luck if you got in early =)

--Jim

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results