theory11 newsletter released : Control Contest Details

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I will probably be in that first 500 but please just remove my name from the contest. I am sure there are people who will have more interesting questions and discussion. My main interests lie in how to properly put together a t-shirt ninja hood and the best release angle for ninja throwing stars. I am also interested to know what Wayne and Danny's preferred brand of eyeliner is and how to best apply it. This better be a toll-free call so Danny doesn't have to go back on the Ramen Noodle diet for a week to cover the cost of the call. I am sure he is already way deep in debt after getting his apartment up to snuff for Katie's visit =)

All that aside the podcast was great and I am really looking forward to this release. Thanks for the heads up and have a good time in SC partying it up with JB!

--Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Looking good!

I'm really excited to purchase it, but I'm sort of a shy guy. Let's say that I won. Would I have to do the phone call? Or could I -- hehe -- get autographs, perhaps?

Just curious. :p

sky_lark,

I will tell you this much, Danny is probably one of the most inviting personalities I have ever been around. He is just like any other person out there and very humble with a incredible sense of humor. I would say if you do win, take a chance and get on the phone with these guys. I am sure it is something you will definitely look back on and enjoy. If you think you might have trouble thinking of something talk about I can almost guarantee that Danny and Wayne can get the conversation going to make you feel more comfortable.

--Jim

Sep 2, 2007
The contest is great-- a one hour phone conference with both Wayne Houchin and Daniel Garcia about anything, no holds barred. Moreover, the podcast is a must listen, as well-- it goes over the contest, more information about the Control DVD, and, of course, Randall.

Cheers,
JTM

Nov 17, 2007
Eh. Nice contest idea. But, I've never been interested in drawings. I'll probably wait until after the 500 copies are sold (which will probably be like 90 seconds) until making my order. THAT'S ONE MORE SPOT OPEN! =P

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Eh. Nice contest idea. But, I've never been interested in drawings. I'll probably wait until after the 500 copies are sold (which will probably be like 90 seconds) until making my order. THAT'S ONE MORE SPOT OPEN! =P

Ha ha. Would 500 copies really go that fast? I'm not the CEO of the greatest online magic supplier so I don't really know...

Another q popped up in my mind:

When will the phone conference be scheduled? Is there a set time? Or is it whenever you have the chance?

jimbowmanjr: There'll be almost zero chance I'll be passing the buck :))), but I'm just brainstorming.

Anybody else have thoughts on my first question?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Uploading the official Control trailer as we speak... check the Media Section or the Control page in a few minutes at around 11:00pm EST.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Another q popped up in my mind:

When will the phone conference be scheduled? Is there a set time? Or is it whenever you have the chance?

jimbowmanjr: There'll be almost zero chance I'll be passing the buck :))), but I'm just brainstorming.

Anybody else have thoughts on my first question?

I knew you wouldn't bud =)

First question (to Danny): How can I get sideburns like yours?

Second question (to Wayne): How does Fran deal with you as a budding ninja?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results