theory11 roundtable discussion - Daniel Garcia Edition

Apr 22, 2008
1. Where all the creativity come from?
2. Would you like to be a Theory 11 artist?
3. How did you get into magic?

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
1. Who, in your honest opinion, if put into a ring, would survive based on martial arts and ninja training, You, wayne, or dana (take it easy on dana..)

2. Have you ever considered doing comedy, weather it be improv of stand up. Becuase i can see a comedic genius in your performances.

3. Are you ever planning a trip to Canada for some shows? Oh by the way, it doesnt get 30 degrees colder when you cross the boarder (silly texans).

Sep 2, 2007
Canada Toronto
How much have you helped David Blaine?

What is your hardest slight you can do and how long did it take you to master it?

How did you find your performnce style and has it affected your magic in any way?

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
I consider myself a Modern Magic
Most of the Old School magicians talk Sh** about the stuff I do

Here are three questions

1.Do you think Comedy,Flourishes Takes away from the Magic?
Should there even be any Comedy in magic?
read it all here
http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=9179

2.What do you about Hecklers,do you challenge them like me?

I would recommend challenging them
You will look good and he will look like a fool
Hecklers are trying to make you look like a fool so you might as well destroy them
When I do Brian Tudor's Heckler or any other Sleight Strong routine the HEckler Shuts Up
The last time I dealt with a Heckler I destroyed him With The Politician
Hecklers are good for me
It gives me a chance to make an audience member feel like a Fool

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
1) Since you have created so many effects, do you exclusively perform your own material or do you also perform other people's effects?

2) How did you go about building your "reputation" in the magic community?

3) If you could recommend one book to a beginner to properly start out learning magic, which book would it be and why?

Jul 13, 2008
How do you come up with some of your effects?
Which of your effects has gotten you the best reactions?
What is your new DVD about?:D

Sep 1, 2007
1) Many magicians have certain advantages when first learning magic. They have mentors, or they have a local magic shop or magic ring where they can interact with other magicians. My question is, is it possible to become a true professional magician without these things? I don't have a magic shop, or mentor, or anything. All I have is a deck of cards and myself. Is that enough to make it?

May 8, 2008
England
-When creating an effect where does the inspiration come from and what are you trying to include?

-What are your must-haves in a trick? What makes it something you enjoy and want to perform?

-If you and Wayne were forced to play table tennis who would win? And why?

Edit: Not sure if it's only 3 questions... If not which other Artist do you admire the most?

Seriously, done now.

-S

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
3.I have seen your videos and I think you are a really nice guy. I am a Modern Magician and I believe in the philosophy that magic needs to be more about the skill a magician has, whether it be dexterity,speed or sleight of Hand, and less about the presentation(comedy), and dramatizing the narrative. As you see to be more of a Comedic kind of guy, I was wondering how you feel about this philosophy?
.What do you feel is the most important attribute a magician can have?

Speed?
Sleight oF Hand?
Tricks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
1.Describe a situation in which you did “all the right things” and were still unsuccessful. What did you learn from the experience?

2.Who is the flourisher you get the most inspiration? and magician?

3.What do you think about the current situations with magic/flourishing communities?

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
1) How did you get into magic?
2) How Do you come with such out of the box effects like fraud and greed or like wayne with sinful and stigmata.
3) How has working with david blaine effect your carrer has it opened new doors got you more opitunities.

Daniel Rocks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results