theory11 roundtable discussion - Daniel Garcia Edition

What can you tell us about your upcoming wallet?

Do you think magic is being corrupted by youtube exposer?

When you are using gimmicks such as Gaffs, How do you get out of a situation when a spectator asks to inspect the deck, your pockets, ect.?

Sep 20, 2007
1. When inventing new tricks, do you ever get "stuck"? What do you do to help?

2. What Type of Cards Do you like the most, and why?

3. Will you teach me how to ride a unicycle?

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
What was your funniest reaction you got performing magic?

What was the most embarrising thing that happened during a performance?

Do you love JB?

Sep 1, 2007
Whats it like being a role model to thousands of people? Knowing there are people out there that want to be just like you? Is there a lot of pressure involved?

Your one of the few magicians to not only known for your card work, but also your coin work. How do you become successful in both fields? I have enough trouble as it is with card magic, how the heck am I supposed to also do coin magic. Should I just stick with cards, or should i expand my horizons?

Many magicians have certain advantages when first learning magic. They have mentors, or they have a local magic shop or magic ring where they can interact with other magicians. My question is, is it possible to become a true professional magician without these things? I don't have a magic shop, or mentor, or anything. All I have is a deck of cards and myself. Is that enough to make it?

Feb 1, 2008
yes i love danny. ok

1. where did you get you super ninja skills

2.when did you start performing magic and who or what was your inspiration

3.where was the craziest place you've ever performed

As far as I know, it has not been confirmed that each of us can only have three questions. Thus, here are three in case we are not allowed to have more. I might make another post with more questions, in case we are allowed to have more. If we aren't just don't count those and only count these.

1 - Have you achieved the desired image you want to be seen as? Is there a higher level of fame you would like to shoot for, or possible even a lower notch? Are you happy with what people think of [you as a] magician/your magic?

2 - Do you see magic more as an art, to be preserved and only let out to those who are worth it, or a practice, to be gushed out? Or both? If you said art, why do you think magic deserves a spot in history? If you said a practice, then how far would you like to see magic go?

3 - What do you think about the future of magic? It appears youth are taking a hand on the industry, both creating and performing. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SuicideBoy555

questions

Question 1:In Torn Too we all saw how you carried your Sharpie....do you still carry them like that?

Question 2:How often do you practice "the vato roll"?

Question 3 (serious): How do you create something?

Aug 31, 2007
Daniel,

If you were forbidden to use one of these 3 sleights for the rest of your life, which would it be?

1) Top Change
2) Double Lift
3) Any Type of Pass

As far as I know, it has not been confirmed that each of us can only have three questions. Here are more questions in case we are allowed to have more. If we aren't, just don't count these and only count my the previous post with my three questions on it.

4 - In many of your products, you use gimmicks to create a reaction. Have you ever felt uneasy about using gimmicks? Do you prefer to go clean or dirty? If dirty, have you ever run into any problems with spectators grabbing for the props?

5 - What motivates you to create/perform magic? Who are your role models; your heros in magic?

6 - If you could change one thing that happened in your magic career, what would it be?

7 - How does it feel to be on the cover of Magic Magazine? Was this a goal of yours, to be on the cover of a magazine? What other long term goals have you accomplished/still need to finish?

That's all for now. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I remember a short while ago you were talking about fasting for a month or somewhat longer to purge your system. What were the results of that? Did it help?

2. I've seen videos of you performing to your family. Do you believe performing for family is important and what is so important about it?

3. When you were younger did you find it hard to be taken seriously as a young magician? If so what did you do to overcome those trials and tribulations?

Mitch

Nov 10, 2007
1. Who was your inspiration for becoming a magician?
2. What drives you in becoming an even better magician?
3. What do you enjoy most about performing magic?
4. why would you rather perform street magic as opposed to stage magic?
5. If you could speak to any one magician in history, who would it be?
6. What is the best advice you can give to someone who is beggining magic and is unsure if they should try to become a great magician?
7. If you could create any trick, forgetting all laws of science what would you create?
8. What are some advantages in street magic for magicians?
9. How has becoming a maician changed your life?
10. What is a "magician" in you point of view?
11. At what age did you decide to become a magician?
12. When you were a kid were you into; street magic from the start or another form of magic?

Dec 16, 2007
1.If you were to do a trick to another magician, what would it be.
2. What the hell do you eat man??

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Did you ever have a specific type of magic Genre? You seem to apply everything when it comes to magic, not just Cards, or Coins.

When you perfom do you ever use any other magicians material that is on the market? Or do you just stick with the stuff your selling.

What inspired you to do magic?

Mar 30, 2008
DC
1) If you did magic in high school, how were you able to balance your studies and magic?

2) What gave you the idea for the method behind Torn Too?

Feb 23, 2008
Ok, here I go.
1. Did you ever go through a time in your life where you felt magic wasn't really paying off and you thought you might give it up completey?

2. How do you stay so natural during a performance?

Nov 24, 2007
Hermosillo Sonora
1.- after all the years you have been into magic, all the work, experiences and everything you´ve gone trough, how does it feel to be recognized and loved by the magic community thanks to your hard work?

2.-the mystery of life: where the hell are you from?! if you are mexican say "viva mexico" on the interview ;D (put this question in the interview, everybody wants to know, the last time someone answered was wayne and he said he was from some himalaya tribu and that he grew up with magic wolfs that teach him the art of magic or something like that, and i dont think thats true... xD)

3.-there is a certain goal you´re still going for specifically? you are recognized in the hole magic community. what does the voice in your head says that keep you creating, performing, working on what you love? share us buddy

P.S. love you danny. haha i mean, who doesnt

1.- after all the years you have been into magic, all the work, experiences and everything you´ve gone trough, how does it feel to be recognized and loved by the magic community thanks to your hard work?

2.-the mystery of life: where the hell are you from?! if you are mexican say "viva mexico" on the interview ;D (put this question in the interview, everybody wants to know, the last time someone answered was wayne and he said he was from some himalaya tribu and that he grew up with magic wolfs that teach him the art of magic or something like that, and i dont think thats true... xD)

3.-there is a certain goal you´re still going for specifically? you are recognized in the hole magic community. what does the voice in your head says that keep you creating, performing, working on what you love? share us buddy

P.S. love you danny. haha i mean, who doesnt
Dana doesn't love Danny. Dana hates Danny because Danny has Wayne's love, while Dana doesn't. :D

No offense to Dana, you just don't get Wayne's love.

Well i just logged on so i have no chance of thinking up any real questions so here it goes...

1. I hear (but am not certain) that you have a Card # and Symbol tattooed in your inner lip. What other acts of pure dedication have you done?
2. Two years ago me and my friend starting in magic bought Greed thinking it was the most amazing thing ever. In the Dvd you say that one day you jumping into a lake with all your clothes on and your gimmicks in your pockets.... WHY AND HOW did that happen?
3. If you had to play tug-o-war twister with only 3 theory11 guys who would you choose (wink wink) lol?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results