This Is A Trick vs. I Have Powers Part II

L

Liam Carrie

Hello Magic community! As you may know there was a post a while ago stating
Magic trick VS i have powers. I have found most of it was focused on the "this is a trick part" now to shed light on another opinion on the "i have powers."
Magic is acting, its as simple as that. You can choose what you want to be, if its a magician, a crazy guru freak guy, homer simpson, it doesnt really matter.
You can be yourself but you'll still technically be acting, You will still be acting as a magician. If any of you think the "i have powers" approach wont get you far, look at Banachek. The guy Claimed to have powers, and he was tested in a lab for his "psychic" abilities.
Then 4 years later he just comes up to the scientists and says " hey guys? i just fooled you" He was released from the lab and he is now know as the most powerful mentalist of our time.
And on another sort of off topic thing is on EXPOSURE
exposure is a problem, i personnally believe, for the very best responces i find when you perform for laypeople are Screaming Laughing Cursing and the plain
"how did you do that?"
Would you rather have
"how did you do that?"
REplaced by
" i know how you did that man i'm gonna tell everyone blah blah ....etc"
If they are exposed to more than one trick, it can open up different possibilities for other effects. Then before you know it, he either joins you as a magician, or becomes a heckler. Just a note to all laypeople If you like magic, watch it and love it as an art. If you hate magic, do us magicians a favor and leave us alone

These are just simple opinions

Sep 1, 2007
What I like to do is instead of claiming to have powers, is to claim to just be better than I am. For instance, with the Simple Switch, I can make people think I have crazy-awesome skills. Or with certain key-card effects, I pretend to be reading the person's subconsious tells. It's all BS, but since I effectively "prove" that I'm doing those things, people will eat it up.

It's less "I have powers," and more "I have way too much free time."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results