Thoughts on New Site / No Wire

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Huh. Me too. Only happens in Chrome though. Opera and Firefox scroll fine.

Are you using the latest version of Chrome? I believe slow scrolling was a known issue with the previous version of Chrome, but it should be resolved now. It works fine for us in the latest version of Chrome for Mac.

@ JB, I'm currently putzing around Air Force Base Manas, Kyrgyzstan waiting for my final military flight into Afghanistan. We're expected to stay here for a few days, so naturally, I finally had an opportunity to browse the forums and get to know the site a bit more thoroughly.

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but these forums lack a (small) feature that I liked a lot on the old forums. On the old forums, when you rolled over the title of a thread, you would get a small preview of the original post-- just a few lines to see if it was interesting enough to participate in the discussion. These forums don't have that-- is there any way to bring that back?

Other than that, I think I've mentioned before how impressed I am with the new layout of everything. I prefer it over the former design and appreciate the amount of time and effort that went into producing it. The hard work obviously shows.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results