Thoughts on possible Guardian Distortion Gimmick?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Hey all,
I have recieved word that theory11 administrators are in the talks of possibly making a guardian distortion gimmick.
Many of you (like me) have bought the guadians when they were first released.
they were the first t11 cards since the time they were released its been going on almost a year now.
The issue is,like me,people want to buy the distortion DVD but the gimmick was only in blue or red back bicycles.I have been using guardians for a very long time and my "regulars" recognize me for them.and the problem is if they see me whip out a red deck people would say "whats up with that" you know?
some of you have that sort of problem wth panic as well.
Alot of people on the forums have rather wanted a guardian gimmick.

Now the problem with that is,if they do make a guardian gimmick,then some poeple will likely start requesting for centurions and so on and so forth.

The theory11 support has asked me to post this thread to find out what people have to say on the matter.
Now,that being said,please stay on topic and no bashing whatsoever.

Thank you.

May 10, 2008
I Would definitely buy one if theory11 made one. The Guardians have become my "signature" deck for people that know my magic. switching decks in the middle of a routine is also very annoying and probably confusing to the spectators, and a I think (for me) a Guardian Distortion would clear this up.

Though you can make the gimmick, if you want, I would rather have a professionally made one by T11.

I Would definitely buy one if theory11 made one. The Guardians have become my "signature" deck for people that know my magic. switching decks in the middle of a routine is also very annoying and probably confusing to the spectators, and a I think (for me) a Guardian Distortion would clear this up.

Though you can make the gimmick, if you want, I would rather have a professionally made one by T11.

wow, dude,

Apr 28, 2008
I don't often use Guardians or Distortion but it makes sense to have a Guardian Distortion gimmick. I always thought it was weird that you couldn't do T11 effects with a T11 deck.

Aug 2, 2008
the LBC
for me personaly i am known to use ever deck custom or not depends on wat iam ganna do i really like the centerions i got them not long ago i now i use them all the time

if there was a gimick for distortion that would sick also for the guardians i dont like switching decks in the mddle of performing it brings alot of suspition i hope they come out with it that would be sick.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey all,
I have recieved word that theory11 administrators are in the talks of possibly making a guardian distortion gimmick.
Many of you (like me) have bought the guadians when they were first released.
they were the first t11 cards since the time they were released its been going on almost a year now.
The issue is,like me,people want to buy the distortion DVD but the gimmick was only in blue or red back bicycles.I have been using guardians for a very long time and my "regulars" recognize me for them.and the problem is if they see me whip out a red deck people would say "whats up with that" you know?
some of you have that sort of problem wth panic as well.
Alot of people on the forums have rather wanted a guardian gimmick.

Now the problem with that is,if they do make a guardian gimmick,then some poeple will likely start requesting for centurions and so on and so forth.

The theory11 support has asked me to post this thread to find out what people have to say on the matter.
Now,that being said,please stay on topic and no bashing whatsoever.

Thank you.

Is it just me questioning why, if it was really T11 behind this question, they wouldn't just get JB to post a thread themselves?

lol anyway, I don't care for the Guardian gimmicks, it'd be commercially viable I think, but I wouldn't get one. Annoying to have to switch deck designs midway in a performance.

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
I'd definitely get one! Guardians are my most used deck, and it's kinda strange to just change decks in the middle of a performance, just so I can perform Distortion.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I would definitely get one. It makes sense to have a t11 product with a t11 deck.

I'd prefer to have a Guardians Panic gimmick, though. That'd look sick.

In my opinion, the solution to this is options.

The more OPTIONS you have with gimmicks, the more people will be happy. It may not be best business wise, but as a consumer, options = win.

Oh and for what its worth, a Mirrors Panic Gimmick would slay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Most people are familiar with regular bicycle decks so I HIGHLY doubt that they would say anything.

well see,i bought the guardians to use them in my performances.if i want to use distortion i wouldnt want to switch cards in the middle of the performance,or just have to use red backs throughout the whole performance.
It becomes tiresome.and i bought the guardians to use them for magic.

if i want to use distortion i wouldnt want to switch cards in the middle of the performance,or just have to use red backs throughout the whole performance.

Well im just saying if they don't release the distortion gimmicks in guardian form, you WILL have to use a red or blue back if you want to perform the effect. Also I remember JB or someone saying once that they couldn't make distortion in guardian backs for some reason (maybe it was panic they were talking about)

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I wouldn't personally buy one, as I do most of my magic with red or blue bikes anyway, but it would be cool. I mean if you don't want to deck switch because of suspicion, just don't perform them in the same routine. Like sometimes use the Guardians for your non-gimmicked routine then another time use the red bikes for your routine that involves a gimmick.

Just my 2 cents...

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
In my opinion, the solution to this is options.

The more OPTIONS you have with gimmicks, the more people will be happy. It may not be best business wise, but as a consumer, options = win.

Oh and for what its worth, a Mirrors Panic Gimmick would slay!

It's still a good thing, money-wise. More people would buy the gimmick (after all, if you have the DVD, you can get as many gimmicks as you want.) Heck, I'd buy the gimmick for every deck that I use.

As far as Mirrors Panic gimmick, the problem is that the Mirrors aren't a T11 product, they are a Dan and Dave product that is available through T11.

Oct 30, 2007
Slovenia,Ljubljana
distortion is one of my favorite tricks here on t11, but my regular every day deck for magic is guardians, specs get a little confused when i weirdly, jerky change the deck, i once got super suspicion. I would definitely buy the guardians gimmick.

May 16, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think that it would make a lot of sense for Theory 11 to make their gimmicks for normal bikes as well as their custom decks. That's what E does. If they have a gimmicked effect, then they make ginnicks for their custom decks as well as normal bikes for people who don't want to use the custom deck gimmick. To me it's a no brainer to make gimmicks for all of the custom decks.

It's still a good thing, money-wise. More people would buy the gimmick (after all, if you have the DVD, you can get as many gimmicks as you want.) Heck, I'd buy the gimmick for every deck that I use.

As far as Mirrors Panic gimmick, the problem is that the Mirrors aren't a T11 product, they are a Dan and Dave product that is available through T11.

Though it was only a pipedream, I now realize it won't ever happen. You're quite right. DnD should consider making a line of panic gimmicks :p

That brings something to mind actually. If DnD are strictly 52 cards in a deck magicians (I may be wrong but I heard they don't use gimmicks/gaffs EVER. Please correct me if Im wrong) and they created smoke and mirrors with their interests in mind....why the double backer?

Of course I am not complaining, just curious is all.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results