Thoughts on possible Guardian Distortion Gimmick?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
That brings something to mind actually. If DnD are strictly 52 cards in a deck magicians (I may be wrong but I heard they don't use gimmicks/gaffs EVER. Please correct me if Im wrong) and they created smoke and mirrors with their interests in mind....why the double backer?

That's a very good question - perhaps just keeping in line with tradition from here at T11? I mean, it's only one extra card, so they could just be facilitating those magicians who do use the double-backer - which would be different of course to creating an entire deck of gaffs, a new product.

Jan 3, 2008
Now the problem with that is,if they do make a guardian gimmick,then some poeple will likely start requesting for centurions and so on and so forth.

Thank you.

Not to sound stupid but, why not go ahead and make gimmicks for the Guardians and Centurions and so forth? It would please a lot of people, and would definately up sales. Take Ellusionist's hovercard for example (if you don't like E bear with me and get over it), the gimmick for hovercard comes in the red bicycle, blue bicycle, ghost, black tiger, viper fan back, and viper circle back formats.

Now keep in mind that is not EVERY deck E has, because what is missing is the 1800's, Shadow Masters, Black Ghost, Split Spades, and Tally-Ho formats among others, but these have been left out because they are either very recent, or else among E's unpopular decks. The decks that gimmicks have been created for are E's originals and the most popular.

T11 should just simply do that with their decks.

No, don't make a White Centurions Distortion gimmick. No, don't make a Brown Wynn Distortion Gimmick. Heck, don't even make a Smoke/Mirrors gimmick until you see how they turn out after the hype dust has settled. But why not make Guardian, Centurions, or Split Spades Lions gimmicks? They are very popular, and would heighten sales of Distortion substantially.

It's a great idea. The point is to expand without expanding too much. Reach the boundaries without going past them. Do what would please the consumers, and would put a profit in the company's pockets.

It only makes sense.

Also, here's a link if anyone wants to see my used example:
http://www.gamblingincorporated.com/product.php?productid=16247&cat=253&page=4

Sep 1, 2007
Well im just saying if they don't release the distortion gimmicks in guardian form, you WILL have to use a red or blue back if you want to perform the effect. Also I remember JB or someone saying once that they couldn't make distortion in guardian backs for some reason (maybe it was panic they were talking about)

You can do distortion with a different color deck if you think of ways to present.

"I have a prediction here, It's from a different deck so you know there's no switching involved."

or if you don't like implying you use 'switching'.

"I have a prediction here, it's from a different deck so we can tell it apart from the other cards."

etc.

Dec 10, 2007
Slovenia (Europe)
Yes, it is on Five Times Five Japan.

//Five Times Five Japan- Review//
New Era Moving Pips gimmick is NOT the Moving pips card that's in Distortion. Correct it please.

I've heard The New Era Moving pips effect is unreliable and highly dangerous to perform outside of any dark room you perform. Can you comment that? Because it looks great, but I don't know if I should buy it. Did you ever perform it live outside of your family?

-Seb

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
New Era Moving Pips gimmick is NOT the Moving pips card that's in Distortion. Correct it please.

I've heard The New Era Moving pips effect is unreliable and highly dangerous to perform outside of any dark room you perform. Can you comment that? Because it looks great, but I don't know if I should buy it. Did you ever perform it live outside of your family?

-Seb

It's not the Moving Pips card that is in Distortion, but it is still moving pips on a card. I have never performed it, because I haven't made the gimmick, but it doesn't look like it would look nearly as good as Distortion. But I don't know.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results