Thoughts on Telekinesis

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

Movie quotes are not a good way to debate ;)

As it stands...we do use more then 10% of our brain in general. Just at any given moment, only around 10% is being used.

Think of rain. At any given moment, it may only be raining in 10% of the US. But that is not to say it ONLY rains in that 10%

-ThrallMind

Last edited by a moderator:
From a performance standpoint, I would argue that telekinesis is most powerful when very, very little is done with it. To use a cliche, less is more. For instance, with the M5 System, you can make borrowed coins somersault in the air and paper matches stand on end. I feel this is a flaw in the performance of the system. I think it's too much. Because the idea of moving something with your mind is so implausible for logical thinking, the possibility of it must be inherently very, very difficult. So in my opinion, instead of executing a full-blown animation of a self-folding bill, I think that making it flicker just subtly enough to make it believeable would hold much more impact.

Here is how I present a telekinesis stunt. I present three pens, all of which may be examined. I balance them on three different drinking glasses or goblets, and ask the spectator to think about which pen they want to see fall. Nothing is said out loud. I hold my hand out and ask the spectator to take my hand at the precise moment they want to see their mentally chosen pen fall off its glass. Silence. I'm staring at the pens and waiting for the spectator to take my hand. Extreme concentration on my face. When she does, two things happen. Her chosen pen falls to the table, and she feels a deliberate static shock when she touches me. I'm slightly incoherent and confused until I sip the water from the glass without a pen balanced on its rim.

I feel there's just enough drama to make the spectator believe in the capability but not too much to make it look like Hollywood. From my experience, finding out what feels legitimate is a very tricky balance to find.

RS.

It's true enough, though. The way Psychology has changed...Freud was so far off on so many things (but "right" (quotes because nothing is ever proved correct in science, only accepted as the truth until something better comes along) about a few important things, too), for example...is fairly recent proof of that (Psychology is what, barely over 100 years old?, and it's already gone through so many schools of though).

I accept that some of what we take as current truths will eventually be altered or replaced, especially the stuff that's being disputed (ie. how we interpret (consciously and automatically) what we see--yes, how we code vision once it hits the brain is currently being debated), heh. :)

All i'm trying to say is personally, I think anything's possible. I talk about this kind stuff with my friends a lot. I was in a car with a friend one day. I said "What if everything went white right now? The car was still moving, nothing in the car has changed, but everything outside the car was white. And even though your mind tells you that there was a curve infront of you right before everything went white, you continued going straight without a problem... Then I lean over and go 'Don't worry, it's just rebooting.'" He laughed his @$$ off lol. And yes ThrallMind, i'm ending on another quote, though not from a movie lol. (I've had this odd thing for quotes for years now lol.)

Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house. ~Henri Poincaré, Science and Hypothesis, 1905

Sep 2, 2007
I believe: TK is not real. but it is our job to make the spectators believe it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results