Thread for Comedy Magic?

Nov 28, 2008
Ah time to wrap it up folks.
I had an awesome time here seeing all those ...ahem... "magicians" flaming me.
Apparently nobody of you ever heard the saying "Don't feed the troll".

No, I'm not a comedy-magician and no I did not expose any of your precious tricks. Though its really fun to see how hard it seems to hit you.

That being said, instead of dissapearing silently, I wanna answer one particular member here.

Hello there Chr!s!

You little hypocrit you. Seeing that you are sooooo angry about people exposing magic I'd like to point out that you link your so hated exposure when you write something in the boards.
Yeah I indeed talk about the blog you are linking to.
Although the funny thing about it is, that between your exposure of Criss Angel and descriptions of effects (which are only partly new), is a BIG RED SIGN with "Stop Exposure".
But hey, I don't care. Do what you think is right.
You and your magic minio-... sorry I ment friends will surely come up with an excuse for your exposure :)

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
i sometimes have to expose the method to get the punchline across. because of that people didn't found sleeping queens, or control or even my ambitios card not that impressive anymore
No, I'm not a comedy-magician and no I did not expose any of your precious tricks.

wait. what?! first you say you expose tricks AND that you are comedy magician and suddenly you change your mind! WHAT?!?! i just dont get it. give it up already. sheesh

Aug 16, 2008
i live for magic
wow dude. u realy expose magic as a joke? not cool. i do comedy magic all the time and dont even think about exposing magic. but if u mess up and ACCIDENTLY expose the trick and make jokes to save your butt thats another thing (by the way if that happens u need to practice more) but dont expose the trick as part of the joke because then u can never do that trick again.
Anyway back to ur original question because im actualy going to help u in the hope u will change.
anyway thread( which i had the great pleasure of seeing Wayne perform live two feet away from me in person on this very day at Grand Illisions which was amazing) is a joke within itself u dont need to do any jokes or anything because your literaly poling a peace of thread out of your eye(which like who wouldnt find entertaining) that u put in your mouth so everyone loves it so you dont need to add any jokes

hope i could help
-Smagic

Sep 1, 2007
California
My MAN trev!! You god damn troll you =) I like how you've shown everyone here how hypocritic they are sometimes, especially this ONE guy if he were named Chris? Anyhow, I must say the bridge you were hiding under was a very interesting bridge. This bridge had a big sign with STOP EXPOSURE written on it, and next to it another BIG sign saying NO BICYCLES allowed. However, only a small handfull of people going across the bridge were rightfully pedestrians, while the vast majority were riding bicylces.

I hope everyone here gets my oh so DEEP analogy. And once again Trev, nice doing business with ya mate =)

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
WoW!! what a way to introduce yourself into a magic forum. . . "I EXPOSE MAGIC." you might as well have came in here and said "I'm the Masked Magician" I wonder when the moderators are gonna jump in. . .

Sep 1, 2007
California
YOU should have read through all the posts young one... I don't like it when people randomly comment and haven't read through the thread yet. I suggest you re-read the ENTIRE thread and re-consider your post. It's already been said about 50 times and is right after the few posts in here that put a conclusion to the alleged lunatic Trev who "exposes" magic

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
YOU should have read through all the posts young one... I don't like it when people randomly comment and haven't read through the thread yet. I suggest you re-read the ENTIRE thread and re-consider your post. It's already been said about 50 times and is right after the few posts in here that put a conclusion to the alleged lunatic Trev who "exposes" magic

REALLY??? now i'm getting attacked.

sorry if i was trying to release some of this tension between you guys. next time i'll keep my comments to myself.

some of you guys really dont know how to make people feel welcome here

Sep 1, 2007
California
DOn't worry mate, your intentions were well known. I apologize for being so nasty. I was just yelled at for doing something I had nothing to do with, so I guess i came off a little harsh. I won't use capitals next time, i promise. And we also all know that you wont keep your comments to yourself because this is a forum for all of us and we're only here to conversate. Sorry for my *******-ish behavior. I don't know when something good is staring me in the face

The Heckler

Banned
Nov 30, 2008
If you want to make your audience laught then become a comedian,The bigest reaction to magic is when the audience is motionless, awestruck..not when they are laughing and cheering so make no mistake about it.

Nov 29, 2008
Simi Valley, California
Perhaps when you practice "Thread," you should use a needle. That will be a knee slapper to your audience when you lose sight in your eye. Seriously, I hope you were joking. If you are funny then why bother doing magic and give up the method. Do the comedy and leave the magic out. Unless you are really not funny. There is nothing worse then a comedian that is not funny. On the other hand a person that gives up the methods of the arcane arts is that much more worse.

I'm shock!!!
nobody of you help me with my question! if you read again you see I DON'T want to expose thread. all you do is flaming!! what are you!??? internet magic police?! i know many magicians who expose for the sake of a punchline. Penn and Teller is a very good example. I love watching them and I bet you love too! they have success with performing magic with their tongue in cheek and they even expose it with a huge comedy success! you don't believe me? here look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYTmEVFL_NA
you hear that applaus? its not fake!

But back to topic now!
I choose to perform with comedy, because I had better reactions and laughs out of it. i still want to have laughs and good reactions but this time i don't want to expose thread because i like it too much (so much for your flaming!). what I'm asking for is help on how to perform thread in such a way that its is still a comedy aproach. please help me out with that instead of flaming will ya?

I understand what your saying completely but i think this is the difference and the issue many face...
Penn and Teller reveal.... THERE material... they do not buy Wayne's Material and reveal it... they reveal THERE material.
And while thats fine and i like Penn and Teller, i would not like them if they bought someone's material and revealed it for... a laugh.

ON that note, i by far am no comedy magician... come to my show Dec 5th at 8pm in times square and you shall see (plug plug lol) but you say that you need helping performing thread as a comedy approach... Put the thread in your mouth, pull it from your eye.. No one applauds yet and you yell "...!!!!! WHAT THE ****... IM PULLING A F**king THREAD FROM MY EYE!!!!.... (when they start to applaud you say ... *NOOO I DONT WANT IT NOW!! DONT GIVE ME THE CHEAP LAUGHS!!!!" Go right up to someones face who didnt applaud first and yell "DO YOU SSEE THIS AT WORK EVERY DAY!!??? NO I DONT THINK SO... Unless you work at a magic factory... BUT YOU PROBABLY DONT!!!!! (Pull the thread out completely... go back on stage), then say "Oh AND IF AND IF YOU DOO SEE IT AT WORK EVERY DAY LET ME KNOW CUZ THEN THAT MAGICIAN IS USING MY MATERIAL AND I WILL SLASH HIM IN THE FACE!"

The audience will laugh and all will be history.
But thats just something quick i came up with. Im sure you can make it better with practice.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Anybody trying to call my integrity into question should consider the facts. The 'exposure' on 24h is write-up's of our OWN created magic, which we have all rights to publish wherever we please (To clarify- we published it public access as a gexture of kindness, not to promote exposure- antbody with a knowledge of magic magazine publishinh will understand that), and contributions from our friends- professional magic creators and performers like Paul Romhany and Jay Crowe.

I don't support exposure from ANY angle.

Anybody attempting to 'name and shame' me or label me a hypocrit has every right IF and WHEN I do or say something to support your allegations.

CL

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Something is fishy around here...
To me, it sounds like someone (TheKingOfCards, most likely), created another account by the name of MagicalTrevor, and started this thread just to see our reactions....

OR, because Trevor has been contradictory, maybe he started this thread as a little test, to see our reactions...

(i watched waaaay to many episodes of "X Files" today...)

Nov 28, 2008
[...](To clarify- we published it public access as a gexture of kindness, not to promote exposure- antbody with a knowledge of magic magazine publishinh will understand that), and contributions from our friends- professional magic creators and performers like Paul Romhany and Jay Crowe.

I'm a mentalist now. I predicted the future.

You and your magic minio-... sorry I ment friends will surely come up with an excuse for your exposure :)

Also:
The 'exposure' on 24h is write-up's of our OWN created magic, which we have all rights to publish wherever we please

Exposure is exposure is exposure. I might not be up to date, but when did you buy the right on Criss Angels stuff? Just a hint for you my hypocrit-friend "It's a plane? It's a bird? NO it's A UFO" is what I'd call a prime example of exposure.

Sure, your exposure isn't up to par with what I posted on page 1 (and I really have a laugh to see how many people here take it seriously even though I outed myself as a troll...) but it IS exposure. Period.

But hey. I'm sure you find another excuse in your mind which tells you that you don't expose :)

Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
Hey guys whats up! I'm new here
I just want to know if you people ca help me with the stuff I'm doing? I'm a very funny guy,so when doing magic at school I usualy do it in a way a comedian would do. although as part of my number i sometimes have to expose the method to get the punchline across. because of that people didn't found sleeping queens, or control or even my ambitios card not that impressive anymore (even though they had a good laugh!!!:cool::cool:).
now I really wanna perform thread, but i still wanna have the comedy approach. also since all my friends are at school i don't wanna expose this one for the punchline (since I always have to get a new trick to perform and i like thread very very much). can you guys help me out with this one? :)

so your saying that you suck as a magician so you expose magic b/c you suck and b/c your not a good performer, what has this world come to!!!!

Tip (you can take it or take it)- GET OUT OF MAGIC IT AINT YOUR THING!!!!!!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results