tips please?

Jun 1, 2009
Question: If you were performing this for a spectator, would you have music in the background and not talk at all?
That's a big reason why I didn't like it so much.

Here are some things I noticed:
1. It was a bit slow and some movements seemed awkward. So either practice getting it down better, or find an alternative way to accomplish the same thing.
2. Why not get the Jacks the first time through spreading the deck? What's the point in spreading it all out, squaring it up, and then spreading again?
3. What was the point in showing us the backs of all four jacks? Especially one at a time?
4. You count them off one at a time, and then do it again by dragging them from each other. I know what you're trying to accomplish, but find a more streamlined way of doing it.
5. Where did the 5 come from? At least let it be a selection. You basically give away how the Jack vanished. If you are doing a sandwich, then let them see both cards and the third one appear between, or have them all squared and then spread, but don't "vanish" one and create a moment of magic, only to ruin it by showing something else/how it happened.
6. There also doesn't seem to be a reason to show us the five in that awkward way (1:23) they know it's the five unless you've given them reason not to think that.
7. Make the "vanish" and "appearance" of the Jack a little quicker, it seems like you're "doing" something if it takes too long.

Just make sure you're performing for the camera how you would perform for real people (that is, if you actually are). I know it's a little easier said than done, but work on it. It could be that you didn't talk at all is why I was so confused. Don't try and be like all the other magic videos on youtube, be yourself. That will make you stand out.

I'm not trying to bash, just give some help.
Any questions or comments feel free to reply and rebuttal.

Jacob

Jun 13, 2011
right.. i get it now lol, everytime i watch over the vids i'm like wtf lol
thanks for the tips bro, my next vid will be better :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results