TnR by Mathieu Bich

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
1. You can hand out 'the' card. I say it like this because you can't just give it to them after the restoration, there is a tiny discrepancy required. No toughie, though ;)

2. You will not end clean by just restoring the card. However, any self respecting magician will find a way to perform this casually and without much hassle. Cops are a great way out!

G

PS: Not the gun-kind-of-cops, but the magical ones, you know :cool:

Sep 20, 2009
so 1. you can't give them the card after the restoration to keep. and 2. it's hard for you to end clean?

Oct 22, 2008
just IMO don't get it there are so many better tnrs out there that are more practical i mean like this is close to fully impractical. You won't end up using it in routine or live atleast. Maybe for a vid on youtube

-Jake

Oct 22, 2008
I don't actually have danny's dvd but my friend who is also a magician does and he showed me danny garcia's "torn." he than taught me and it is so much more practical than TnR. I would suggest that although I am not the biggest tnr effect guy lol ;)

Sep 20, 2009
Can the restored card in Torn by Daniel Garcia be given away at the end? it also could be signed by the spectator right?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Actually my favorite and most performed T&R is Holy Grail by Jordan Johnson...I recommended it.

Inferno | Kaiser

Sep 4, 2009
Yea tnr is almost as impractical as you can get. You first need to make the gimmick (which is kinda hard to carry around) Then you have to set up the gimmick with the deck. also, if it isnt made perfectly, it won't look as smooth as chriss kenner does it on the trailer. i would recemmend DG's version more.

Aug 1, 2010
Earth
Even the best stop thinking too soon

Mathieu Bich TnR effect is crap on several points. Firstly, I don't know how he presents the effect, but to see the convoluted presentation by Kenner with choosing a prediction, tearing it up then having another card selected, etc - made no sense at all.

The piece by piece "restorations" were not square _ in other words, they looked like they were being adhered with clear tape and not square like an actual restoration would look.

Secondly, Bich obviously never read and studied Our Magic by Maskelyne and Devant. And rule number four in Chapter 3: Unity states:

"(4) Never produce two simultaneous effects, and let no effect be obscured by any subsidiary distraction."

In other words, do NOT cloud one effect with another so close together. You tear up a card for no reason, restore it, then change it to another card??? The change at the end convolutes the crappy restoration just executed.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
if you like this plot learn guy hollingworth routine, no gimmick( hard to do and almost impossible to handle) , not that hard to do
believe me i tried so many versions, i always go back to guy's handling

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
Garcia' Torn is unbelievable and I've gotten great results. Put in the time and it is going to be worth it.
I agree! It is an amazing effect. He goes over it really well on the DVD. Can be signed and handed out in the end. End clean? hmm, not so much but very good misderection taught on the DVD solves this! Get it, you wont be disappointed.

Jun 10, 2010
Mathieu Bich TnR effect is crap on several points. Firstly, I don't know how he presents the effect, but to see the convoluted presentation by Kenner with choosing a prediction, tearing it up then having another card selected, etc - made no sense at all.

The piece by piece "restorations" were not square _ in other words, they looked like they were being adhered with clear tape and not square like an actual restoration would look.

Secondly, Bich obviously never read and studied Our Magic by Maskelyne and Devant. And rule number four in Chapter 3: Unity states:

"(4) Never produce two simultaneous effects, and let no effect be obscured by any subsidiary distraction."

In other words, do NOT cloud one effect with another so close together. You tear up a card for no reason, restore it, then change it to another card??? The change at the end convolutes the crappy restoration just executed.

Rules to magic?

And besides, I find it a nice touch. One minute you clearly see him reattaching the fourth piece of the AoS, then he turns it around it's suddenly changed like that. But oh well, to each his own. Not really a TnR guy anyway.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
1. Can i hand out the new restored card for the spectator to keep?
2. Will i end clean?
forgot TNR the gimmick is long to make (1/2 hour) and not practical (if you want to post a video a la "torn asunder it's ok , but for a real world it's not),try a sleight a hand version, like guy hollingworth 's reformation (not hard and so great to perform) or john lovitzs 's reparation
torn is good also but more angle sensitive

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results