TnR Tricks

Nov 1, 2014
I'm pretty new in the magic industry, I just started a few months ago. I've seen a lots of TnR tricks that are selled here. My question would be, which one do you recommend to buy? Blake Vogt's REF4RM? Or Mathieu Bich's TnR? Or the very new Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin? Of these 3 effects what is your favourite?
Are there any impressive TnR tricks?

Thanks a lot:)

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
REF4M is one of those things that you'll either love or hate. Personally, I think the method's ingenious, but it may not suit your needs. It's impromptu and only uses one card. If you like those elements, get it.

My understanding is that Bich's trick involves some rather hefty gimmick work. Houchin's has been well-received, and I like the look of it I'd either take a chance on Counterfeit or pick up REF4M.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I've bought countless tnr effects. And each of them have their pros and cons. There isn't a single tnr effect that is all pros.
Although my favorites or Torn by Daniel Garcia. Regeneration by Blake Vogt. Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin. TNR by Matheiu Bich is good and brilliant but is highly gimmicked. And Ref4rm by Blake Vogt is also good but as wZEnigma said, you'll either hate it or love it. It's not my go to tnr effect but anytime someone asks me to do a tnr performance and I dont have anything prepared I'll perform Ref4rm. But check out the ones I listed. Great stuff.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Personally when I want to learn a trick the first thing I do is learn every method I can find for doing it. Then I assimilate different parts of each method to make the one that works the best for me.

Dec 11, 2013
Bulgaria
It really depends what fits your style. You may like instant restoration, piece by piece restoration, or only a single piece restore. First you must find out what you like most and then go to decide what effect you will perform.

If you like instant card restore, I will recommend you Descent by Justin Miller and/or Torched and Restored by Brent Braun. For both effects you will need a little set-up but I can't call it a gimmicked effect.

If you like piece by piece restoration my top recommendation is Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin ! This thing is just amazing and the method is freakin ingenious. I can also recommend you one more effect that is practical, but the set-up will take a little longer (not much) I don't actually know the effects name, but it is by Alan Rorrison. He teaches it in his penguin lecture.

And last but not least if you like single piece restore my top 2 effects that I perform non-stop are Regeneration by Blake Vogt and Vibration by Justin Miller. Both effects get amazing reactions every time, but regeneration is way more simple and fair. The good thing about vibration is that is impromptu.

I hope I helped with your decision and whatever you choose from these, they are all awesome ! Just find out what fits you best. :)

Reactions: Lyle Borders
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results