TnR's

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
There are a lot of TNRs on the market - Torn, FourFit, Ref4m, etc. - and I'm in the market for one. I'd like a simple effect that can be presented exactly for what it is, to add to my repetoire of magic. Which would you recommend, based on effectiveness, usability, workability, and audience impact? Thank you.

Ian

Oct 27, 2011
India
Sure there are a lot. But i world recommend
1. Counterfeit Hollingworth - Wayne Houchin
2. Torn - Daniel Garcia
3.Restored - Lloyd Barnes

I world say counterfeit hollingworth worth is the best as it's easy to do and has much more of a an impact than traditional TnR's, but i don't think it's available now the next best according to me would be either Torn or restored by lloyd barnes right here on the wire.

-Punyesh

Jun 1, 2009
I agree that CH is amazing, the addition of the lighter and the burn marks makes it very memorable. If you want a piece by piece I would go for that one.
Justin Miller also has a few TnR's that work well. The Other Side is a card through card plot with a TnR at the end, his Legend effect enables you to do a beautiful TnR, although it's not a piece by piece one, still very magical.
Chris Ballinger's Redemption is another TnR gimmick that presents loads of additional possibilities as well. Again not a piece by piece, but some of the restorations are very visual.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Do you know how long CH will be available? I've heard great things about it, and it's very well priced. If it's not available much longer, can you guys recommend a backup TNR? They all look quite similar so it's hard to tell which is best. You guys are wonderful. Team T11 ftw.

Ian

Jun 1, 2009
Do you know how long CH will be available? I've heard great things about it, and it's very well priced. If it's not available much longer, can you guys recommend a backup TNR? They all look quite similar so it's hard to tell which is best. You guys are wonderful. Team T11 ftw.

Ian

He said there are only 150 DVDs left. I jumped on this as soon as he said he was re releasing it, and I am not disappointed. If you are on the fence of buying it but you know you'll perform it GET IT!

I'm going to repeat what others have said before me: There is NO "best" effect. Each and every effect has it's pros and cons. Can you find ways to minimalize the cons? Yes, but they will still be there. If you are still not sure what to get, then read some reviews on each effect and base your choice of those. The Wizard Product review has a review of Redemption and FourFit, Re4rm is on here and other places I'm sure, and there are also reviews for CH that Wayne posted on the link TomGrimes posted. In the end you need to look at it and say "would I perform that? Does that fit me?" and use that plus the knowledge you gathered through reviews to make your decision.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
He still has CH listed for sale on his website, though he is kind of touring a bit and you probably wouldn't get it in the mail till around the 9th of January or so (that when his schedule says he'll be back home for a few days.).

Jun 1, 2009
Good point Jeff, there are corner TnRs out there as well. Justin Miller also has one called Vibrations that's pretty cool, and he has another corner effect Autograph 2.0. Although it's not a TnR, it still involved tearing a corner off.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Fuze does look really clean, but I do like the quarter torn-and-restored plot. There seems to be much controversy over effects such as FourFit, Ref4m, and TnR - but they all look worthy of purchase. This is a tough field.

Ian

Jun 1, 2009
Re4rm is impromptu, whereas FourFit, Restored, and a handful of others are not. Who says you are limited to just one TnR? You could have 2 or 3, just don't do them in the same set obviously. Plus seeing the different handelings and the thoughts behind each effect can help you create your own.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Just pick one or two and stick with those. You're not going to be performing for magicians and most laypeople aren't going to see or understand the difference between Torn, CH, Reform, Fourfit, etc etc.

Here is what lay people see: "He took a card, tore into pieces and then put it back together." Lay people aren't going to talk about the little details that magicians seem to think they will. So pick one or two and just stick with those two. Torn is great and has been getting great reviews over the years (it could used for a stage effect or if you have people not behind you.). CH is something you could if you are worried about people walking by behind you and seeing the dirty work. So now you have two TnR's for different occasions and also CH is something can be used with a Business card to make it even more impossible looking.

Oct 27, 2011
India
I'd say CH is the best, if you go to wayne's website you can get CH and sinful for discount, and sinful's another great effect also you should check out daniel garcia's torn too. And if you don't like any of these, you can get tnr by mathieu bich on theory11. It uses an very ingenious gimmick. I'd also check out fuze.

- Punyesh

Jun 1, 2009
There you go, get one or two and play around with them. Randy gave some good advice, in the end we do it for laymen, and they are not going to be as nit-picky as we are in the little things haha. The Wizard Product Review gave FourFit worker of the week, so that could cancel out the crap reviews haha.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
learn Guy Hollingworth 's reformation, it's the best TNR , not hard if you compare with all the differents versions where you need extra semi sticky half card attached to a magnet ! and at the end you can't give the card out !
I prefer a sleight of hand way to do it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results