Tough Time for a Young Fellow Magician

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd bring a situation to light that is currently happening to a fellow magician and friend of mine. His name is Eddie Boswell, a great young magician that has a great future. He and his family recently discovered that his father is diagnosed with Terminal Liver Cancer. I can't imagine how hard it is for a young man like Eddie to deal with this situation, and his family needs all the support they can get for this rough time in their lives.

Please donate to his family here:

http://www.sleight-journal.com/donate.html

It doesn't matter how much you donate; every penny counts. Please help Eddie and his family during this hard time and wish them the best throughout their difficulty.

Eddie also has some great material posted on his blog, so check that out as well.

-Casey

UPDATE: If you can't access the link it doesn't mean it doesn't work. There is a lot of traffic going on at the moment!

Oh my.....bless him and his family. I wish them the best.

I've donated even though I've been tight on money...I donated $8.88. I know that's not a lot and a strange amount, but the number 8 is somewhat of a homophone to the word, "prosper" in Chinese...and we believe that associating with the number 8 will bring prosperity so that is why I chose that amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 22, 2010
Thank you very much Casey for posting this. And for everyone else who has donated.

This means a lot to my Dad and I. He is very thankful for everyone who is helping by donating, praying, and just thinking about him.

Thank you,
-Eddie

p.s. This shows that our magic community is just truely amazing. Remember - Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a gift ... that is why it is called the Present. Thank you for the gifts you have given so that in the present he can enjoy life.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Oh my.....bless him and his family. I wish them the best.

I've donated even though I've been tight on money...I donated $8.88. I know that's not a lot and a strange amount, but the number 8 is somewhat of a homophone to the word, "prosper" in Chinese...and we believe that associating with the number 8 will bring prosperity so that is why I chose that amount.

Wow...something new to learn...amazing!!

anyway...I`ll donate as soon as I get home...

Jan 19, 2010
California
I NEVER KNEW, Eddie is a great friend of mine and I will be sure to donate. It is the least I could due for him after him always sharing his tricks and ideas with me

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 22, 2010
I wanted to give you all an update.

His tumor is at 4.6 cm in his liver. The only cure for liver cancer is a liver transplant. To be evaluated and put on the list to get a transplant he is required to go through Chemo.

He will be starting Chemo after Christmas and New years.

I will be busy helping him throughout this rough time. Thank you everyone for the donations and prayers.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thank you for the update. If you need to talk or just vent feel free my man. PM me any time. I've been through chemo with my wife and it is the toughest thing I've ever dealt with in my life. Positive thoughts and prayers my man. Learn to lean on others and do not feel as though you are taking this on by yourself. You need to be a support system for your father and family. Stay strong.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results