Twirl Change vs Shapeshifter Change

Oct 8, 2007
I'm not very familiar with the twirl change so i use the shapshifter. I like this one very much since it is fast , and happens in a flash with no need to cover the card. Set-up before the change is quick too.

A friend of mine actually noticed the "change" one time and he pointed it out to me right after. I rhink that was because I used old cards; they were softer and were not as flat as before. I found it better if you use cards that are more crisp and stiff so that they "change" quickly, like a snap. very smooth and visual

Oct 17, 2007
SG
The twirl change is for my money, far, far better than the shapeshifter, although I use both regularly.

I have never been caught with either, and I believe its because of a subtlety I use that was taught to me by a magician from Singapore.

When you do the twirl, the change must be made in the first motion. Others have already pointed out the vertical motion helps shade the change - take it one step further. Begin the vertical motion, and execute the move just after the apex of the arc, on the way down. This is done on the first 'sweep'. After the change, continue the sweeping motion for about 2-3 times more, then stop totally, allowing the spectators to appreciate the change.

Don't take my word for it. Go try it in the mirror. The first time I did it I was amazed at what a difference it made.

For the shapeshifter, use the same idea. One motion executes the change. Try not to bend the cards upwards and downwards too much before the change. It gives away the method. The change should happen in a flash with both hands almost at rest.

Mar 5, 2008
i would prefer the twirl change rather than shapeshifter..because shapeshifter gives people the card turnover effect if its not done smoothly..this is only my opinion

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Twirl change is way better. I made up a way to do it that it almost doesn't need the shaking motion at all. It's hard to explain but it's a fast kind of change and not the slow kind of feel of the original. Twirl change is eaasier, less "risky", and cleaner than Shapeshifter.

Mar 26, 2008
actually, i find shapeshifter way way way cleaner compared to the twirl..just an opinion..either way, both changes are great..:p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results