Two books that I love to read.

jr?

Apr 3, 2009
leeds and halifax
www.jrmagic.co.uk
book 1 /£35 = 60 tricks by david acer = randon act of magic.

b00 2/ £35 = 70 tricks by steve beam = steve beam's semi- automatic card tricks 3 . if you love the minds of jay sankey , simon lovell and so on then you will have a mad mind like me just like the joker what are that you just love to see all the time..

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Jr? Your posts are becoming a little easier to understand. They are not perfect yet but they are improving.

I have not read either of those books yet so thanks for sharing.

I don't have many books but the ones I do have I enjoy.

Strong Magic
Beyond Deception
How to Handle Hecklers
Card College Lite
Josh Jay Course in Magic
Mark Wilson Complete Course in Magic

I plan to get a few more for X-mas this year. Maybe some AoA or Card College books. Or...David Stone material. We will wait and see.

Sep 2, 2007
David Acer is an incredible magician, and a stand up guy. thanks for the reccomendations jr?

jr?

Apr 3, 2009
leeds and halifax
www.jrmagic.co.uk
if we use your mind that god gave you it = to 5000 tricks!

so the the two book = to 130 tricks but if you read a lot about the past and wight about your day at work or at home you come up with 5000 tricks .. i say use what you got and see what you can get out of one thing but you are still doing the same moves. you can be kings to the kings and come up with things that look good to you . use the mind you have with in magic . ps go out and get some reffernce books and non fiction book and fiction but / films and music you like to have on all the time.

May 1, 2009
UK
Jr? Your posts are becoming a little easier to understand. They are not perfect yet but they are improving.

I have not read either of those books yet so thanks for sharing.

I don't have many books but the ones I do have I enjoy.

Strong Magic
Beyond Deception
How to Handle Hecklers
Card College Lite
Josh Jay Course in Magic
Mark Wilson Complete Course in Magic

I plan to get a few more for X-mas this year. Maybe some AoA or Card College books. Or...David Stone material. We will wait and see.

Please can you do a review of Card College Lite, & what do you think of it? Thanks.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
One book that I love to read time and time again, and would happily recommend to everybody, is Derren Brown's book Tricks of the Mind. In terms of actual magic tricks, it only features two, and you'll probably know them both. What it does teach you, however, is how to make these tricks miracles. Along with how to hypnotize, have an incredible memory, read body language to help detect liars, a certain amount of NLP, how to question your beliefs and cold reading. Not to mention that some of the anecdotes quite literally rendered me immobile with laughter. So yeah, it's a good book :D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Tricks of the Mind is definitely an interesting book. Actually, I own it almost purely for the sake of the anecdotes, although there is some interesting psychological information in them also.

Although it must be said, his writing style in particularly... Verbose. I like it, but it can be challenging.

I will also stand up and say that 'Random Acts of Magic' by David Acer is a fantastic and massively under rated book.

I bought it about 5 years ago whilst at University, mainly because it was cheaper than most books on the site I bought it from, and it's an absolute gem. You get so many one trick DVDs that are the same price and the trick they teach you is totally unusable in front of anything other than your webcam. This book cost me 20 quid and every single item in it is practical. They also vary in difficulty from the really simple (my kind of thing) to the knuckle busting type stuff that i know some of you guys out there love.

It also contains a bunch of essays, some serious, some just funny stories, but all brilliant to read. David's writing style is really good, clear and entertaining as well.

A great book, everyone should buy it.

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results