Ultimate Showdown of Magicians

Dec 30, 2008
Houdini for sure.

1) every knows him as the worlds greatest
2) no one will ever beat him (its not possible to)
3) he was more determined than any one else, both in and outside of magic
4) he has inspired countless amounts of magician

I could go on all day about all the stuff he has done

I agree, I like cardini too.

Mar 29, 2008
Are you kidding me...How are David Williamson & Ricky Jay not on the list? Please!

On the list - John Carney, Mac King, Amazing Jonathon, Johnny Thompson, Penn and Teller, Bill Malone and Mullica...maybe not in that order. However, I would STILL take the guys on my list, over any guy in your list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 30, 2007
Ehrich Weiss is by far the best! His life is absolutely fascinating!

P.S. Harry Houdini if you didn't know

Mar 29, 2008
Ummm...thanks - So I guesss it is Ricky Jay and David Williamson - which I still think are stand outs amongst the rest.

Thanks for your correction - because what would have happened if somebody missed a few names on a long list. Wow - I am so glad people like you are there William.

I'm so glad that people like me are here too! Besides, not my fault that you didn't take the time to read the list before making a snarky remark.

Also, if you would, please leave the sarcasm at the door. It's not needed. This is suppost to be a fun thread.

I've added into the list your sugestions post edit.

Mar 29, 2008
Haha - sorry William - I didn't realize you started this post - your comment seems less sarcastic - admittedly, I don't take much time to read insignificant popular opinion threads. My bad.

Leaving through the door you placed my sarcasm.

Cheers.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
he was fooled once, how many times have you been fooled by a magic trick? i bet it is more than once

well I have been fooled a lot of times, the diference is that I do not brag saying that "there isn't a trick in the world that can fool me" so, that's why I make emphasis on the way that "the professor" fooled houdini...

don't take this as an offense, My respect for the man;)

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Are you kidding me...How are David Williamson & Ricky Jay not on the list? Please!

On the list - John Carney, Mac King, Amazing Jonathon, Johnny Thompson, Penn and Teller, Bill Malone and Mullica...maybe not in that order. However, I would STILL take the guys on my list, over any guy in your list.

David Williamson for SURE! Just saw him perform twice this week... It made me believe in magic and comedy again.

Also... Tommy Wonder.

KE

Mar 29, 2008
OH FOR SURE KATIE - Tommy Wonder!

I have seen David Williamson many times...but twice in one week - SPOILED Katie, spoiled!

Where was it that you saw him? He never fails to make me want to be more - I have tried to be like him with my magic since day 1...I wish he had more than one book.

Jul 19, 2008
The people on my list are:

2) Lance Burton
7) Penn & Teller
14) Mark Wilson
17) Eugene Burger
18) Jeff McBride
26) Max Maven (Not Mavin!!)
31) Paul Harris
39) Houdini
41) Derren Brown
43) Michael Ammar
47) Dai Vernon
52) Ricky Jay

Ben

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
OH FOR SURE KATIE - Tommy Wonder!

I have seen David Williamson many times...but twice in one week - SPOILED Katie, spoiled!

Where was it that you saw him? He never fails to make me want to be more - I have tried to be like him with my magic since day 1...I wish he had more than one book.

He took Mac Kings spot this week at Harrah's. Played at the Impov.

SO AWESOME.

KE

None of the above.

Chan Canasta. He was a British mentalist in the 1950s. In my opinion, he was one of the most amazing performers of his time. He incorporated a passion for sleight-of-hand and mentalism and revolutionized the craft with (un)believable presentation. You can tell that the likes of Max Maven, Derren Brown, and other modern headliners draw a lot of influence from Canasta's work. He was also one of the first people to bring magic and mentalism to a commercial audience through television. He was very, very good. His performances were constructed artistically in a very methodical manner. It seemed like each effect consistently built off one another psychologically, so the overall impression one got at the end of a show was that of a miracle worker. There are a few audiotapes and old footage of him doing card magic and mentalism. I can recommend learning a thing or two by getting your hands on them.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results