UltraGaff DVD Review

I recently bought all three ulragaff DVD's along with the deck itself. Now, on E the cards looked good but i couldn't wait to see if they were worth the cash. I rcieved in the mail and went through my usual routine. I do not open the deck until i've watched all DVD's then when it ends I open the deck and watch them again gong step by step with the guys. This makes it easier for me to learn..

after watching I came to a conclusion and they are as follows:

DVD Vol.1: This DVD is very powerful and teaches you the most simple tricks that are possible with the deck. It teaches tricks such as marked. I will not explain the tricks because that is not what I am reviewing I am however going to tell you what's wrong with the DVD. Abouit halfway through the sound quality gets a little bit worse. Most people would not notice but ellusionist points it out by opausing the video and saying we apologize for the sound quality. Had they not said that I would not have noticed it. they also teach how to get your gaff cards in the deck in front of your spectators.

DVD Vol.2: These DVD teaches the tricks that require some skill for the intermidiate magivcian. This DVD is very good and you'll get to witness a little bit of Danny playing the guitar. This DVD is fun to watch because they are so goffy in it. They might have been drunk when they made thuis one. just kidding. It is very good and it has the best picture quality of all of them.

DVD Vol.3: This DVD was also excellent however the quality of it is poorer than the first two. Thetricks are very difficult but once you waster them they hit the hardest out of them all. This one has to be my favorite DVD. It also gives helpful tiops on what you can do with the cards they left out of the DVD.

Overall rating: These DVD's were very good and they're my favorite. I would give them an: 8.5/10

The only reason I deduct oints is because of the quality of the videos and the fact that Danny admits that he put the green card in the deck as a filler. But other than that it was great! Nice job Wayne and Danny.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Wrong section.. I know it may be hard for you to post something that's not in a more "obvious" section, but, please try next time.

Anyway, nice review. Shame about the quality, it's a bit lazy on E's part, isn't it? I also don't like the fact that there are "filler" cards, which just confirms my views on this deck - generic and rushed.

Sep 1, 2007
I also don't like the fact that there are "filler" cards, which just confirms my views on this deck - generic and rushed.

That was a mistake on Danny's part and he does explain things on the DVD. I actually have used that green card more than any of the other gaffs already, thanks to a patter suggestion Danny gives you on the DVD.
Trust me, if you are smart, it is not filler.

God bless.

Juan

Wrong section.. I know it may be hard for you to post something that's not in a more "obvious" section, but, please try next time.

Anyway, nice review. Shame about the quality, it's a bit lazy on E's part, isn't it? I also don't like the fact that there are "filler" cards, which just confirms my views on this deck - generic and rushed.

actually there aren't any real filler cards besides that green card but I can use that in Revolver and my chicagfo opener.

Aug 30, 2007
My 2 cents:

I have been involved with this project since the beginning, so I can tell you firsthand that I do not view this deck to be either generic or rushed. Ultragaff was well over a year in the making and the routines are anything but generic if you ask me.

"Parallel," "Graphic Link," and "Angels" are just a few examples of the thinking that went into this project.

Danny even says before the "Green Card filler" comment that he hates filler. His comment was meant to express that the "Green Card" was an exception to the rule. I agree with him. I think that he and Houchin did an exceptional job with this project and created some amazing routines.

I should point out that while I have every reason to be biased here (seeing as how I was involved in the production of the project and am friends with both Danny and Wayne), I stand by this opinion. If I didn't believe it, I just wouldn't bother responding in this thread. You won't ever see me post something that I don't believe here.

End of 2 cents.

Dana

My 2 cents:

I have been involved with this project since the beginning, so I can tell you firsthand that I do not view this deck to be either generic or rushed. Ultragaff was well over a year in the making and the routines are anything but generic if you ask me.

"Parallel," "Graphic Link," and "Angels" are just a few examples of the thinking that went into this project.

Danny even says before the "Green Card filler" comment that he hates filler. His comment was meant to express that the "Green Card" was an exception to the rule. I agree with him. I think that he and Houchin did an exceptional job with this project and created some amazing routines.

I should point out that while I have every reason to be biased here (seeing as how I was involved in the production of the project and am friends with both Danny and Wayne), I stand by this opinion. If I didn't believe it, I just wouldn't bother responding in this thread. You won't ever see me post something that I don't believe here.

End of 2 cents.

Dana
Dana! Tell me you didn't use the .02 cents line! I HATE that stupid phrase.

I don't understand your point of saying that the effect on the third dvd are "very hard".

I did not find any of the effect on ANY of the dvds to be especially difficult by any means. The routines on Vol. 3 are just more involved and do require a bit more effort... but saying they are "very difficult" may discourage some people from purchasing this.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results