Unidentified Trick

Jul 26, 2009
Hey so i thought this would be the best place to come for this sort of question. A friend of mine had a student teacher today who decided to do a card routine for her. She later described this trick to me knowing that i am an amateur magician myself, and i was intrigued. I easily figured out the handling of the trick (or at least how i would personally do it) but that fact got me thinking. I would really like to figure out who invented this trick or if it was this "Mr.Chau" who actually created this trick. The trick goes as followed;

1. Spectator choses a number between 1 and 5
2. Cards are then dealt from the bottom of the deck stopping at the spectator's selected number. This card becomes the spectator's chosen card.
3. The magician now hands the deck to the spectator and asks he/she to shuffle their selection into the deck. The magician's back is turned while this happens
4. The magician takes back the deck and shows the bottom card asking if that was their selection. The spectator answers no. The card is then placed under the spectators left hand face down on the table.
5. The magician then shows the next card on the bottom asking the same and receiving the same answer. This card is then placed face down under the spectator's right hand.
6. The magician now asks the spectator to blow on their right hand an x amount of times.
7. After doing so the spectator lifts their right hand to reveal their selection.

Hopefully you guys can help me out and it would be much appreciated.

ps. unfortunately i don't know the specific grips used of if the magician cut the cards at all after the spectator had shuffled them as i was not the one who saw this trick performed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results