Universal Impression - B. Smith :: Review

pnmilton

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Thanks you all again for your comments and questions. Phil, it is the same exact material, the only difference is that is has a white backing instead of a transparent one... this actually makes the orientation easier to figure out.

If your impression is coming out lighter than mine did, try 'breaking in the gimmick' the same way I teach on the DVD. I will also pm you about another possible solution, I cant do so on here without tipping the method.

best,
bSmith

Thanks for for the PM and the advice, much appreciated.

Phil

Jan 13, 2008
They now have the gimmicks up for sale on the Papercrane site directly. $25 for an "Extra Pad", and $5 for a "Gaffed Marker". Linky!

Jun 4, 2009
Hey Guys got this today. Anyone elses pen seem to be really weak? have any effect on the "pad" through the thinnest layer of leather. And on a normal pad i can go 3 pages max. Any ideas on where i could get a stronger piece to create my own marker?

Cheers

Jun 4, 2009
Hey Guys got this today. Anyone elses pen seem to be really weak? i dont have any effect on the "Impression Device" through the thinnest layer of leather, and on a normal pad I can go 3 pages max. Any ideas on where I could get a stronger M*****T to create my own marker?

Jun 4, 2009
Cheers D will do. I was thinking of getting one of the childrens toys and taking the "Thing" out of that. Worth a try they're only £1.79 in Toys R Us. If not Ill get straight onto google. Does yours give any problems?

Cheers

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Cheers D will do. I was thinking of getting one of the childrens toys and taking the "Thing" out of that. Worth a try they're only £1.79 in Toys R Us. If not Ill get straight onto google. Does yours give any problems?

Cheers

Hey,

Mine works great and fine, I swear they think you can really read their mind.

I recentely picked up the "Thing", a few days ago, and it works great as well!

If you have any questions or concerns with this effect, feel free to ask me!

V.

Jun 4, 2009
He V thanks alot. I am really interested in doing this with a wallet but I cant seem to find one thin enough. I dont know whether this is just my marker or it just dosent work with the majority of wallets. Can you shed any light on this? Can anyone suggest a wallet that will work for this?

Thanks

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
He V thanks alot. I am really interested in doing this with a wallet but I cant seem to find one thin enough. I dont know whether this is just my marker or it just dosent work with the majority of wallets. Can you shed any light on this? Can anyone suggest a wallet that will work for this?

Thanks

Hey,

Maybe it's the wallet you're using, as Smith suggests, he uses a packet carry thin wallet.

Also, try tapping the tip of your marker as Smith also suggest to make it work better for you.

V.

Jun 4, 2009
I have tried a few card wallets (thin 1 layer of leather) in a few stores and cant seem to get it to happen. Do u know where I could get a packet wallet thin enough? I have found a few online including a packet trick specific wallet but am wondering where i could find the one that B uses so that I can be sure to get it to work.

Cheers

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I have tried a few card wallets (thin 1 layer of leather) in a few stores and cant seem to get it to happen. Do u know where I could get a packet wallet thin enough? I have found a few online including a packet trick specific wallet but am wondering where i could find the one that B uses so that I can be sure to get it to work.

Cheers

I think certain packet tricks such as Strange Travelers and Vegas Visit or any packet tricks somtimes come with a thin wallet.

Also, try breaking in the gimmick, testing it out a few times and tapping the marker as well.

If you have any more questions...feel free to ask,

V.

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
Is it normal for the "thing" to be only one-sided?

On the DVD, it seems that Robert Smith works on both sides, I have a really weak one that only works on one side.

And it goes about 3 max as well if writing casually, not.."directly" if you know what I mean.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Is it normal for the "thing" to be only one-sided?

On the DVD, it seems that Robert Smith works on both sides, I have a really weak one that only works on one side.

And it goes about 3 max as well if writing casually, not.."directly" if you know what I mean.

Yes, it's normal for the "thing" to be one-sided as mine is.

I think Smith used a different model in the video.

What I tell the spectator is to write the word very clear and bold, so I can get the writing more "directly".

Also, make sure to break in the gimmick and make sure that the "things" have a good contact on the other "thing", this will help make things better.

Jun 4, 2009
Hi Papercrane. I had posted on the previous page about the same problem as SplitHeavens. I have sent an email to customer services as well. I have broken the gimmik in ALOT as suggested on the dvd but still getting very weak results.

Thanks alot for being so helpfull though! Really appreciate it!

hi, i'm a close up street magician from indonesia and i'm a newbie on this forum... i perform close up card tricks almost in all my performance, such as dan hauss laced, W.H indecent (this sure is great), aaron fisher search and destroy, daniel garcia's kaos, R. sanders's tagged, if i have the budget to pay for this, do you all think that i should buy this? btw sorry for my bad grammar... thx b4

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
hi, i'm a close up street magician from indonesia and i'm a newbie on this forum... i perform close up card tricks almost in all my performance, such as dan hauss laced, W.H indecent (this sure is great), aaron fisher search and destroy, daniel garcia's kaos, R. sanders's tagged, if i have the budget to pay for this, do you all think that i should buy this? btw sorry for my bad grammar... thx b4

Welcome! and I'd be glad to answer this question for you.

If you want to add some variety into your rep. than I say go for it.

Universal Impression is probably one of my most powerful and favorite effect, it has gotten me some of my best reactions.

This trick really connects with the audiences as well, I even had a spectator cry during the performance and called it the best trick they've ever seen.

V.

Welcome! and I'd be glad to answer this question for you.

If you want to add some variety into your rep. than I say go for it.

Universal Impression is probably one of my most powerful and favorite effect, it has gotten me some of my best reactions.

This trick really connects with the audiences as well, I even had a spectator cry during the performance and called it the best trick they've ever seen.

V.

thx thats really enlighten me... i think i'm gonna try it... :) beside i have some crazy idea to combine this trick with b.smith wounded tears of blood...

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results