Unveil - A New Effect

Jan 8, 2010
Hey guys, check this out! We are young aspiring magicians and have came up with this simple effect that we intend to give it a shot by sending it to Theory11. We hope that you can give us some pleasant comments on this effect. Thanks! :p

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxNgqDnXiaE

Unveil - Hugh Vernon & Bryan Break.

+A transformation
+A levitation
+A colour change

All in one single trick. UNVEIL.

Do this with a borrowed deck. The card box can be inspected too.

- Uses no springs, strings and slings
- Uses no magnets as well.

Enjoy! Peace!

Jul 8, 2008
Interesting but it's been done before. And it's only a year old? Hvae you actually performed this for REAL people in different settings and had other people perform it to test it out as well?

Mar 29, 2008
Do this with a borrowed deck. The card box can be inspected too.

Really, a borrowed deck? So, I have to cut up a box I borrow? I don't think the person would be happy. It seems very angly too...the camera man jumps from side to side like a boxer....also, you are missing a finger! AHHH, oh only during the A+ levitation...sorry.

Really, just seems like 3 different effects all jammed into one. It makes nice Youtube videos...I would give your video an A+, but am not sure how selling this would go. Good luck!

Jan 8, 2010
Really, a borrowed deck? So, I have to cut up a box I borrow? I don't think the person would be happy. It seems very angly too...the camera man jumps from side to side like a boxer....also, you are missing a finger! AHHH, oh only during the A+ levitation...sorry.

Really, just seems like 3 different effects all jammed into one. It makes nice Youtube videos...I would give your video an A+, but am not sure how selling this would go. Good luck!

Hey guys:) this is hugh vernon, and hi there morgician. We are indeed using a REALLY borrowed deck of cards here and not the box(as stated). However so the box can be inspected after the trick(after it appears) to be totally clean:). About the angles, there are only 2 people right there:Bryan Break(camera man) and ME(magician) and we apologise for what seems like some angly camera trick there. And about the live performances, we would get some shots of it soon( sorry we are still studying, new school term just started here-.-) Also, for some of u guys who wish to give it a shot at guessing the method of this trick, we would appreciate if you could send us a PM instead. Will that be fine guys? :) P.s im a newbie here, really hope you guys understands :D
PEACE MAN!

Jan 8, 2010
So, I have to cut up a box I borrow?

Hey guys , just a little something to add in here. You would not need to cut any spectator's deck-.-. (it's like how are you gona do that anyways in front of them?) And also if any of you guys had seen similar card to card box effects that are in the market, we would be grateful if you could send a link or 2 to this thread here:D THX alot guys!

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
1. not that original. Each phase of the effect has already been published.
2. I think it lacks flow within the routine. Why does the things which happen happen?
3. Though the method may be original (i dont know), I dont think it is worthy of being published as it lacks something that makes people want to know how it is done. We have all done card rises before as well as color change within a deck/box. What makes yours so special and worthy of our attention?
4. The effect is easily repeatable with perhaps older methods which can be learnt from older DVDs. Card to Card box is similiar to Henry Evan's Modern Times. He does a box to cards rather than the other way around. The card levitation is just... an very common plot, whether single cards or the entire deck. The color change within the deck is seen everywhere. Red Hot Mama, Dark Card, etc. etc.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX

As for combining these effects though,its a pretty smart idea.
You can easliy justify putting the cards back into a box. A "rewind" sort of thing maybe could work. A la cyril takayama maybe. It being red is what doesnt make sense,but im sure it doesnt have to be

Also,the fact that the cards CAN be borrowed doesnt mean they should or would be a good idea.
Just means that it can be done with any old deck

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
But then again,what new effects havent been these days? haha

Yea...
But its the way he puts it all together presents it that doesnt seem original. For example, a new trick on the market is... lets say Gum by JP. The premise of the trick isnt exactly original, neither is the method. But the way he presented the actual trick and the context he puts it in is different. Not sure if i said that clearly but this just looks like he got three tricks from different sources and put them together.

Jan 8, 2010
Yea...
But its the way he puts it all together presents it that doesnt seem original. For example, a new trick on the market is... lets say Gum by JP. The premise of the trick isnt exactly original, neither is the method. But the way he presented the actual trick and the context he puts it in is different. Not sure if i said that clearly but this just looks like he got three tricks from different sources and put them together.

hey guys! Firstly i wana thk visualartist. for wad he said is kinda true. As for sciffdof, im not sure of ur definition for original-.- haha pardon me. What i mean by original is as in the whole routine of it being original. anywaes i do agree i did rush this effect abit thus not able to fully develop its potential. Hopefully i learned a lesson. btw i will be posting a few more NEW tricks onto t11. Cheers!

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
hey guys! Firstly i wana thk visualartist. for wad he said is kinda true. As for sciffdof, im not sure of ur definition for original-.- haha pardon me. What i mean by original is as in the whole routine of it being original. anywaes i do agree i did rush this effect abit thus not able to fully develop its potential. Hopefully i learned a lesson. btw i will be posting a few more NEW tricks onto t11. Cheers!

What I mean is..
basically this.
"Whats original about the entire trick you are selling?"
Answer that.
and
"If its not original, why would people want to buy it? what makes it better than any older version?"

Sep 7, 2008
Yea...

Hi -

The four gum effects found on my DVD are not just tricks I found elsewhere and put on a DVD. The chewed to wrapped gum effect was invented over 25 years ago by Jay Sankey, but the methods I share on the DVD are totally original to me, and they are an improvement on existing methods.

Thanks,
Jeff Prace

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Hi -

The four gum effects found on my DVD are not just tricks I found elsewhere and put on a DVD. The chewed to wrapped gum effect was invented over 25 years ago by Jay Sankey, but the methods I share on the DVD are totally original to me, and they are an improvement on existing methods.

Thanks,
Jeff Prace

I got the fact that you didnt just rip tricks off somewhere else. What I meant was that they werent totally original, but they had a catch. Lets take Orbit for example. Empty box to full box, not exactly the most original concept. Neither is the method of it either. But it is the context which you put it in which made it unique and made people want to buy it. We have seen gum magic plenty times before, we have seen a self refilling box before, the concept behind the trick has been seen before but it was the way you put all those things together and the way you presented and "contextualize" it that made it better.
The routine showed here just shows three tricks which a lot of people have seen before and put them together. What makes this different? I am not aware of anything new within this routine other than perhaps the method, which in this case does not really make much of a difference as the producer did not provide a description on how it was improved, but rather that its just different. People could easily just take those three tricks and make this routine themselves. This is something people cannot do with other products out there such as Orbit, Diplopia or any other trick worthy of being on the market (unless sold by a hack company).

Jan 8, 2010
Unveil-Card to card box

I got the fact that you didnt just rip tricks off somewhere else. What I meant was that they werent totally original, but they had a catch. Lets take Orbit for example. Empty box to full box, not exactly the most original concept. Neither is the method of it either. But it is the context which you put it in which made it unique and made people want to buy it. We have seen gum magic plenty times before, we have seen a self refilling box before, the concept behind the trick has been seen before but it was the way you put all those things together and the way you presented and "contextualize" it that made it better.
The routine showed here just shows three tricks which a lot of people have seen before and put them together. What makes this different? I am not aware of anything new within this routine other than perhaps the method, which in this case does not really make much of a difference as the producer did not provide a description on how it was improved, but rather that its just different. People could easily just take those three tricks and make this routine themselves. This is something people cannot do with other products out there such as Orbit, Diplopia or any other trick worthy of being on the market (unless sold by a hack company).

Hi guys again. Erm hugh vernon here. Alright maybe i shud not have put the word 'original' here. but to me this is a hell of a original trick, i mean really if u had seen any other card to card box trick being published(not card box to card) juz post it here:) cos i reali had not find one. And i will admit that i had not given this trick enough time for development as well as 'contextualise' . wadeva. Well then, if u guys feel that this trick can be improved in certain ways, i reali wish u guys could give some advice on it. And trust me, if u do have some good ideas, i will let u the secret on this trick and we could develop the trick together and make it a better one and probably the best card to card box trick as well as to set up a routine with it. Would't it be gr8? Come on guys, lets keep this friendly:D Will be waitin for ur ideas!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results