Visa by Daniel Garcia

Oct 5, 2008
New York
A while back I bought Symphony. I used all of the effects except for Visa because I thought it may be too obvious. I watched the DVD again and decided to try Visa again. I know we can't talk about it on the forums, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the first phase when the card is balanced on the second finger. If anyone can help me out and give me some advice, maybe by PM, that would really help.

First to help with the balance of the card as you talk lick the tip of your finger as if your going to count money and the card will stick, my hands get really dry all the time so I'm constantly trying to moisten them lotions don't work. Also I can't understand why you think the effect is obvious if you practice it just the way he taught in the DVD it kills people I do it all the time so here are a few notes to help you during your performance.

First, believe in what your doing when your doing it. I know it souds obvious but this effect needs confidence to sell it not to say you guys don't have that just trying to help. Second, play on the obviousness of the effect the audience thinks your manipulating the cards and then the cards start taking a life of their own and thats when the audience sits back and says wait "the cards are magnetic".

I know this stuff sounds elementary I just hope this helps and you guys go and actually try it again I'm sure you'll love the effect.

Peace

Nov 8, 2007
I have a buddy who performs Visa and he gets really good reactions with it. He never performs it as if he's performing though. He just does it on the offbeat and let's a spectator notice what's happening. He doesn't call attention to it himself. I believe DG makes a similar suggestion on the DVD.

Shane I'm all for trying out new things but I put well over a months practice and maybe it's just the different audiences that we perform for but I never get anything out of this.

Needless to say Symphony was a disappointment for many people, me included.

That could be Sherlock I know when I perform it I really emphasize the magnetic strips on the credit cards as well as distract them by telling them if I get the strips too close it can erase their information and that usually scares them then I tell them thats just a myth I do this all the time and now that takes their gaurd down just a little. The effects on Sympthony to me are worker effects not really mind blowers so its a different kind of magic then the look I can melt the ace on the face gimmicked stuff but I hear ya.

Shane

May 3, 2008
Shane I'm all for trying out new things but I put well over a months practice and maybe it's just the different audiences that we perform for but I never get anything out of this.

Needless to say Symphony was a disappointment for many people, me included.

I wouldn't refer to Symphony as a disappointment for one minute. Sure, Visa is an effect that many people may not use but all of the other effects are really great. I can see my self performing all of those effects. I find them really practical and visual.

Jun 1, 2009
I dont do the first phase, because it seemed a bit knacky, and when I did try it I got called out. I just do the second and third phases and they get good reactions for me. DG said you can do them all together, stand alone, or just one or two phases. He also said, as others have referenced on here, that its done as an offbeat effect, mainly to people who know you do magic,and it creates a more organic feel.

If you still want to do the first phase, just practice more. If not, cut it out, you dont have to do all three phases.

Hope this helps

Your boy,
Fez

I don't know how it's done nor do I own symphony, but try clenching two fingers together to build a small amount of sweat to add a bit of traction, hopefully I could help but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't, hope the best.

Nov 8, 2007
I'm surprised anyone was disappointed with Symphony. To me Timeline 2.0 was worth it. I perform it all the time now and probably will for the rest of my life. One of the best impromptu card effects I've come across in a long time. Spectators love it and go nuts over it, and it's fun to perform.

If you haven't given it a go yet I really encourage you to practice it and go perform it three times. I think you'll be hooked after that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results