What are your other hobbies?

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I like to play and watch Football (American)
Play billiards: Mostly straight pool 14.1
Power Lift
Play video games: Final Fantasy 9 and 7. I do love classic games like Mike Tysons Punch Out, Streets of Rage, Contra etc
Go to Rock/Heavy Metal concerts: I am missing my first Metallica concert in 6 years

Jul 17, 2011
Hey guys. I was recently thinking, (I know, it's a miracle) that most of us have more hobbies than just card stuff... So, what do you like to do? I happen to love freestyle yoyoing. I just made a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7y0DQoZkUs
Make a video of you doing your other hobbies! Thanks!

-Casey

Oh man, I used to yo-yo all the time. Never got as good as you, but I might have if my supplier didn't stop selling (Prices online were too high as well.) But I do, eventually, plan to start up again.

As for my hobbies other than magic. Considering I just got back into magic, there should be quite a few. (A lot that I no longer do, or haven't done for a while too.)

Just a heads up: A lot of my hobbies would be really boring to watch in a video, so I'll just type 'em.
-Rubik's Cube (and other puzzle-toy) solving. (Would make a video, but I don't currently have a Rubik's Cube)
-Watching (a lot!) of movies. (Seriously pick a genre, and I'll give you a list...unless its Romantic Comedy, then I'll just tell you to stop watching movies.)
-Playing video games (mostly PS3)
-Playing Yugioh (usually on DuelingNetwork, but in real life sometimes too.)
-Reading (mostly instructional/informational books, but some novels as well.)
-Poi (ocassionally, I don't do it often enough, and I don't think I'm dedicated to it enough to consider it a hobby, though.)
-Collecting Foreign candy/snack wrappers/packages. (Most of my collection is from Japan and Korea)
-Drawing
-Studying: Religion, philosophy, psychology, mythology, sociology...the works.

...so there's probably more that I can't think of...

Jan 19, 2009
My other big hobby is playing on guitar and create music tracks.
I like aggressive skating, skateboarding.
I like take pictures, edit them, create graphical designs.
And I like programming, create programs for phones, pc.

Jul 17, 2011
Well, I play piano, guitar, viola, and drums. I play airsoft ALOT, do alot of P90X, and make movies with my airsoft guns in sony vegas.

what? There are other things to do than magic? lul but...
I throw discus pretty well
I cook constantly (not easy mac)
and recently lifting weights coincidentally to improve my discus performance

Apr 30, 2008
Sweden, Vänersborg
My friend got this waspnest in an old box on his balcony. We throw stuff at it and close the balconydoor and watch the wasps through the window.
I also play World of Warcraft.

Jan 11, 2011
Cubing for 5 years now
Magic for 7 years now
Cardistry for around 2 months now
Clarinet for around 6 years now
Piano for around 6 years now
Macintosh addict since last year
DJ(ing) for 1 year now
Website programming for 1 year now
Writing for around 3 years now
Public speaking and talking for 8 years now
Soccer and Badminton since I was 6
Basketball for 2 years now
Swimming for 2 years now
Photography for 2 years now (strangely I'm not good at filmography.)

Note these are not just activities. They are hobbies and I do them constantly. (show off :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 30, 2008
Sweden, Vänersborg
Cubing for 5 years now
Magic for 7 years now
Cardistry for around 2 months now
Clarinet for around 6 years now
Piano for around 6 years now
Macintosh addict since last year
DJ(ing) for 1 year now
Website programming for 1 year now
Writing for around 3 years now
Public speaking and talking for 8 years now
Soccer and Badminton since I was 6
Basketball for 2 years now
Swimming for 2 years now
Photography for 2 years now (strangely I'm not good at filmography.)

Note these are not just activities. They are hobbies and I do them constantly. (show off :p)

Dude thats insane.

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
Whatever I want.

I podcast original horror fiction, play several instruments, record audio, goof off a little with video (green fabric on the walls, even), tinker with various other forms of art, play video games with my kids, play MMOs with my wife, sometimes find myself sewing, devour audiobooks on the way to and from work, programming with PHP and databases (yes, for fun), and generally keep my mind busy.

As they say, use it or lose it.

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
I should have read this thread more in-depth.

William Draven: My only experience with the TriStat system is one of their licensed games I'd be happier not naming. Out loud. Or, ever. I met my wife through a combination of Shadowrun and Call of Cthulhu, however. But, it's been a long time since I could even find a group to enjoy the hobby with. There was no point in listing it as a hobby.

Keo: I gave up submitting my work for publication. I had too much difficulty with publishers first demanding "no simultaneous submissions" then never even sending a rejection letter. I figured if my work was going to waste for free then I'd take the podcast route and throw some Adsense on the site.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results