What do you think about Kaos?

Sep 1, 2007
Listen, don't listen to anybody here that says "The method is so lame." These are the people that expect real magic when they receive the effect. That isn't the case obviously as it is with every other trick. I personally recommend buying the effect. It is an impromptu card through window. It is actually currently the effect that I am practicing. There is only one move involved in the entire effect. Just one sleight. I give the effect a thumbs up.

-Doug

I know! I really wanted to pull a card threw a window. Hey you see think flying pink elephant over there?

What the heck? do you think I'm on drugs or something? The method is a big deal. because with out the method, you can't do the trick, can you? no, no you can't.

The method to me is lame. I think the trick is worthless. You don't have to agree with me, but don't tell me what I think, and don't tell others what I think. You don't speak for me.

Just because T11 doesn't sell it, doesn't mean he shouldn't ask a community of magicians for their opinion on a product. He's more likely to get honest reviews somewhere other than the product's home site anyway.

I'm sorry but in my opinion if I want to know about a product and which one I should buy I usually find out from the tech that represents the product. They usually have more information. Thats my opinion. And Gasponte originally posted in the general discussions forum right after posting threads questioning Brads ability as a magician, which in fact has become a old and over abused issue. It's in the correct area according to our forum rules now I was merely just trying to keep dirt from being kicked up again so we can all focus in on what's important.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I don't really rate Kaos at all, and the workings are only a small part of the reason.
I feel the routining as a whole is not very good, with the way the effect takes place being not very magical or entertaining... there is no wow factor, nothing that stands out or really brings the feeling of astonishment to those who are watching.
The whole look and feel is just dull and uninteresting, and the method itself is poor... im not saying that from disappointment due to simplicity... it's like they thought to themselves 'hmmmm... how can we pull a card through a window' and then the first thought that came to mind they released... as is.

The basic idea of slowly pulling a card thru a window is not a bad one, infact the idea itself is great... but the way 'Kaos' accomplishes this is, in my opinion, not good at all.

The only good points I can find with 'Kaos' is that it's impromptu, uses a signed selection, and iseasy to do...
Bad points being that it's not visual, the workings and routining are not well thought through and put together, only parking a truck infront of the window would be more cover than what is used, dull to perform and to see, if you have insy winsy leprachaun hands you'll need to find an alternative handling, no decent alternatives included... among others.

Obviously some seem to love 'Kaos', and they have there reasons for the way they feel... but for me this was one of the worst effects of it's kind with, for me, no redeeming features.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Here's a list of pros and cons I've put together for you - if anyone's got any additions / changes, just tell me. Hopefully this'll help you make your mind up. (Bear in mind, I have the DVD).

Pros

-Good teaching, Danny Garcia is cool
-A variation is taught where you can show half the card sticking out the window, and you can just step back.
-Simple
-Completely impromptu, can be done on any window, any time

Cons
-Method is somewhat annoyingly simple
-The move takes a lot of practice to get as good as Danny (in the demo vid on E).
-Quite angle sensitive
-Needs cover, kind of annoying.
-If you've got small hands, this trick's a no-no.

Basically, I wouldn't buy this effect - it's not a trick I'm likely to use. However, if you want a simple, effective CTW, KAOS is the one. But it can be awkward and you have to be really smooth to pull it off well.

Hope I helped. =]

I don't really rate Kaos at all, and the workings are only a small part of the reason.
I feel the routining as a whole is not very good, with the way the effect takes place being not very magical or entertaining... there is no wow factor, nothing that stands out or really brings the feeling of astonishment to those who are watching.
The whole look and feel is just dull and uninteresting, and the method itself is poor... im not saying that from disappointment due to simplicity... it's like they thought to themselves 'hmmmm... how can we pull a card through a window' and then the first thought that came to mind they released... as is.

The basic idea of slowly pulling a card thru a window is not a bad one, infact the idea itself is great... but the way 'Kaos' accomplishes this is, in my opinion, not good at all.

The only good points I can find with 'Kaos' is that it's impromptu, uses a signed selection, and iseasy to do...
Bad points being that it's not visual, the workings and routining are not well thought through and put together, only parking a truck infront of the window would be more cover than what is used, dull to perform and to see, if you have insy winsy leprachaun hands you'll need to find an alternative handling, no decent alternatives included... among others.

Obviously some seem to love 'Kaos', and they have there reasons for the way they feel... but for me this was one of the worst effects of it's kind with, for me, no redeeming features.

That's my opinion throught a more mature educated person;)

I doubt that it's original. The method is too simple to not be used before. Maybe not for a CTW, but possibly a CT table or something like that.

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
Okay, I just want to step in and enlighten everyone a bit here:

First of all, we researched the effect and method thoroughly and discovered that it has not been thought of before, because if it had, it would not have been marketed. As it turns out, I respect magic a lot, and I also respect people...and it's sad that I can't get the same treatment, so "thank you" to those of you who are at least showing me respect by being mannerly and professional in your opinions.

In the forums of ellucionist only there are the positive comments of all his products and the negative comments erase them that is called a marketing gentlemen

Tempest put a review of The Invisble Touch - Lior Manor
................................................................................................................
I give this product a 0 out of 10, and I would go lower if I could, but I actually tried to be nice in this review.

' Maybe for SOME small portion of people, they in May find something useful with this material, but for, the Ist would have an easier swindled tapping my Wal-Mart Christmas Tree for Maple Syrup.

........................................................................................................................

Only his products are good and the rest does not serve according to them

No, actually it's called false information because that doesn't happen. Just because I'm a moderator you think I spend my time hunting out negative comments and erasing them just so I can make a few more dollars??? Get in the real world man, ANYONE who knows me, INCLUDING half the staff of Theory11 will tell you how much I respect magic and what kind of person I am, and I definitely have better things to do with my time.

Furthermore, I have accepted every single respectfully stated negative criticism ever given to me. Some people have never heard of manners or etiquette and choose to be jerk-offs, and I don't put up with them, but those who have social skills and don't like KAOS...cool. That's perfectly okay with me, even I have qualms with KAOS, and I created it.

My review of Lior's DVD was respectful, and yes it did have some humor in it, but nonetheless it was harmless and honest. Not only does that have nothing to do with this discussion, but it also has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS DISCUSSION.

I think Kaos is one of the worst tricks I have ever seen. The method is just lame as can be. You most likely could come up with your own method in a couple of hours and it would be just like kaos or better. I also got the impression the Daniel Garcia thought the whole thing was pathetic as well. But maybe thats just me.

Well, actually, Danny loved it...

...that's kinda pretty much why he wanted to teach it.

And by the way...Danny helped expand on a lot of the variations on the DVD, so in your world, Danny thinks his own work is pathetic?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, what is up with everyone talking so much trash towards me? Good Lord, have any of you ever heard of "getting along with others?" By the way most of you write on forums, it gives me the impression that not only do your social skills suck, but you couldn't possibly have any friends.

I don't come on here and act like that to any of you, so why treat me that way?

And before anyone plays the "Well you should have been prepared for it when you released a DVD" card, no, I am prepared, I just don't tolerate ignorant chatter among a bunch of kids.

All I'm asking, is that if you have something to say, say it respectfully, like you didn't grow up in cave with wolves. Seriously, a lot of the garbage I've read thus far is not only un-justified, but it annoys me to no end.

Thanks.

|| sean ||

Sep 1, 2007
Well, actually, Danny loved it...

...that's kinda pretty much why he wanted to teach it.

And by the way...Danny helped expand on a lot of the variations on the DVD, so in your world, Danny thinks his own work is pathetic?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic creator asked what I thought about it, so I told him. Sorry if I came off as disrespectful. But thats how I feel about the trick. I may not have been said in the nicest way, or in the best way, but when it came down it it, thats what I thought about it. I don't try to cover up my fillings to make it sound nice, I don't sugar coat things. I call it like I see it.

As for what I said with Danny, he seemed that way to me. Thats the impression I got from him. Does not mean I'm right, clearly I was not.

Bottom line is, it was not my type of magic. I down right hated it. It was not my type of trick. Other people like it, I did not. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you understand that I was not trying to be disrespectful. It's just the way I do things for the most part, for reasons of my own.And I'm also stressed out half the time because of my situation. Very sorry, the last thing I wanted to do was tick you off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
The topic creator asked what I thought about it, so I told him. Sorry if I came off as disrespectful. But thats how I feel about the trick. I may not have been said in the nicest way, or in the best way, but when it came down it it, thats what I thought about it. I don't try to cover up my fillings to make it sound nice, I don't sugar coat things. I call it like I see it.

As for what I said with Danny, he seemed that way to me. Thats the impression I got from him. Does not mean I'm right, clearly I was not.

Bottom line is, it was not my type of magic. I down right hated it. It was not my type of trick. Other people like it, I did not. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you understand that I was not trying to be disrespectful. It's just the way I do things for the most part, for reasons of my own.And I'm also stressed out half the time because of my situation. Very sorry, the last thing I wanted to do was tick you off.

I do understand, and I wasn't pinpointing you in the above argument. The part where I quoted you was just to provide some information that a lot of people don't realize. Sure, it may have come off somewhat rude, but I understand your intentions.

I made my statements to the general public here, because it just annoys the crap out of me when people can't be bothered to practice maturity.

I swear, some of the people here haven't grown up yet.[Again, not made in reference to you.]

|| sean ||

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I think that when saying a bad comment, to make it sound mature, you have to give the reason why you don't like the trick, method, etc. And not just say " This trick sucks *****, it's useless.....".

I think you know what I mean

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
You know, fundamentally, all magic is cheating. If you have some sort of moral dilemma about using too simple a method to cheat... maybe you shouldn't be cheating in the first place.

I mean, it just seems hypocritical.

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
I think that when saying a bad comment, to make it sound mature, you have to give the reason why you don't like the trick, method, etc. And not just say " This trick sucks *****, it's useless.....".

I think you know what I mean

You're on the right track, but it's much more simple than that.

One just don't have to suck at getting their point across by being a moron.

|| sean ||

Nov 17, 2007
Tempest,
I feel It if I offended you person was not my intention but there exist things that seem to me incorrect and as a rule I never remain quiet.
Good luck..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results