What do you think of my Christmas order?

Sep 10, 2007
Co.Dublin in Ireland
Dissapointed for what?:rolleyes:

I think you already received a lot of useful advice, we can't tell you if the tricks suit you or are going to work for you because we simply don't know you. And if you want products answers and what not, there quite a bunch of reviews out there.

About the thing "I constrcut every routine to be so impossible because I need to blow the mind of my dad" I don't know how seriously you take your magic, but you should remember that you must perform for laymen, and your presentation and work must revolve around that, not around fooling your dad.

I said it once and I will say it again, I don't care if you re just going to get magic this time of the year. IT IS STILL TOO MUCH, and I really can't see a consistency there, and by that I mean, I don't know if you already have a character of a style but, have you ever wnder how are you going to present them? Would't it be akward if you did a sandwich trick and then followed up with the tarantula?Think about it, if you are presening yourself as a magician that " well I just can do anything I please" you are going to have problems.

Scratch that and buy a good book and save the other money for later, I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I really suggest" Strong magic".

In my opinion, a effect being powerfull depends almost entirely of you and the emotions, feelings and memories that you can create during performance with the spectator.

Another point, do you actually work as a magician for a a living? If not I really suggest don't investing such money on all those things, who knows? Maybe later down the road you will not like magic that mucha and you will regret buying all that stuff.

Oh man, the joy of answering these replies. First of I am a little dissapointed because I thought they might be good but clearly they are not in the eyes of many. The reason I want to fool my dad is because I feel that if I can fool him then I will be able to do it to anybody. I basicly practice my magic on him and if it gets past him then I know that it is strong. Also my dad knows nothing about magic therefore he is a layman.

I already know that the effects suit me, How? Well because I have seen them performed on the trailer and by magicians around the forums. If I see the effect and can picture myself doing it then I know it will suit me. Maybe the method wont suit me I dont know.

Now clearly you have not read the entire thread because for one you are saying things that I have already answered and secondly I have mentioned a couple of times that I have strong magic. Also I said that it is USUALLY christmas and my birthday that I get magic i.e I will have plenty of time to practice what I get.

You are taking things from strong magic like when you talk about the topics he discusses like " well I just can do anything I please" you are going to have problems. I know I cant do that because then I confuse the audience with the variations. So yes I have read Strong magic.

Now I have answered them again. I know the thread is getting long so that is probably why you didnt read it all which is understandable but you must understand, I have thought of all these things through. I am TERRIBLE at making decisions especially when it comes to buying so I have done so much research, That cart has been changed many times so that I can get what suits me. I am glad you went out of your way to try help me so thank you so much.

Thanks for your input RDChopper

Oct 11, 2007
i am not the idiot who wrote the before thread that you just responded too, but one thing i do want to say, is kid you seem very mature and very well spoken, but your 15 buddy, but you got tons of things to learn, we all do, if we didn't, we wouldn't write on forums. everyone has a perspective... let the idiots post their idiot comments

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Oh man, the joy of answering these replies. First of I am a little dissapointed because I thought they might be good but clearly they are not in the eyes of many. The reason I want to fool my dad is because I feel that if I can fool him then I will be able to do it to anybody. I basicly practice my magic on him and if it gets past him then I know that it is strong. Also my dad knows nothing about magic therefore he is a layman.

In my opinion is not about fooling, it's about enterteining, If you can entertein you have all the misdirection in the world, you are making them have a good time and (as "strong magic" says) you are not presenting the trick as something to get solved, therefore there will be no burning of your hands :).

I already know that the effects suit me, How? Well because I have seen them performed on the trailer and by magicians around the forums. If I see the effect and can picture myself doing it then I know it will suit me. Maybe the method wont suit me I dont know.

I wasn't talking about that, I can pretty much imagine myself performing Criss Angel kinda Ilussions, but that doesn't means that they suit me, I was talking about your character and the general mood in wich your tricks are settled in, what I mean is, You can't just be like "oh I have this trick and is sleight of hand!" and then the next second you claim that you can make things levitate using yor kinetic powers whatev.
See my point there?

Now clearly you have not read the entire thread because for one you are saying things that I have already answered and secondly I have mentioned a couple of times that I have strong magic.

Uops, I accept it, my bad.

Now I have answered them again. I know the thread is getting long so that is probably why you didnt read it all which is understandable but you must understand, I have thought of all these things through. I am TERRIBLE at making decisions especially when it comes to buying so I have done so much research, That cart has been changed many times so that I can get what suits me. I am glad you went out of your way to try help me so thank you so much.

I understand the thing about you having troubles deciding, but you must realise that the guy that is going to buy them and perform them, is you, not us, so what may work for some of us may not suit or work for you and viceversa.

Sep 10, 2007
Co.Dublin in Ireland
i am not the idiot who wrote the before thread that you just responded too, but one thing i do want to say, is kid you seem very mature and very well spoken, but your 15 buddy, but you got tons of things to learn, we all do, if we didn't, we wouldn't write on forums. everyone has a perspective... let the idiots post their idiot comments

Yep I have LOADS to learn and I can admit it, thanks for your reply.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I don't own none of the stuff you want but get a book. It will be cheaper on your parents instead of buying these. Also this is not magic related but spend more time with your parents instead of getting money out of them(please don't take this as a insult, if you do this then I apologizes)

Sep 10, 2007
Co.Dublin in Ireland
I don't own none of the stuff you want but get a book. It will be cheaper on your parents instead of buying these. Also this is not magic related but spend more time with your parents instead of getting money out of them(please don't take this as a insult, if you do this then I apologizes)

Well I see what you mean and I do spend time with my parents and all but I do think that it was a little presumptious but I still see what you are talking about and thanks for youur reply.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results