Feb 2, 2008
CARD WARP

i don't get why more people don't do this
1, it's a great opener
2, it's impossible
3, easy super clean ending
4, you don't scare away spectators whipping out a deck of cards

Oct 11, 2007
I don't know how many of you guys have watched the beginner video made by T11. I wasn't one and I watched it anywya, it was a great refresher as well as a criteria builder for me. In it Lee Asher says that all you need are 3 great peices of magic. Choose them and make sure that you can perform them better than anyone else out there. I like this theory (no pun intended), so I have chosen...

-Ambitious Card

-Exile

-Hovercard

You can also apply this to a stage show except you would have to perfect more effects. If you type in Theory11-Beginner then you should be able to find it on youtube, I highly recommend watching it, tons of great advice.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
here's mine for walkaround and street

-biddle trick
-Stigmata
-here then there variation
-card to pocket
- CoinTwo and coin routine
-Penmanship
-Tricycle
-Card to mouth
- although i dont present it often im working on an ACR utilizing Shifty
-Sloppy Shuffle triumph

Close up and Table
-CoinOne
-Invisible Palm
-Bite Me
-Various Triumph's
-Devil's Touch
-Working on a gambling demonstration
-Shadow Coins
-Card under glass

for alternative situations i also have a few other effect such as
-Sinful
-A pen routine including Re-capped
-a coin bend which im still working on
-superman coin bend
-watch steals and pickpocketing

im also working on thread.

if you think this is too much please explain why. i think its important for magicians to have a wide variety for different situations as long as they aren't repetitive and you can do them well

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
My theory is this. I have several lists - several large lists - of material I know/have learned. Can I perform them all, to perfection, at any given time? No. What I do have, from that large amount of material, is a smaller group of maybe half a dozen effects that I perform regularly. I see my list everyday, and when I feel like performing something else on that list - it's back to practicing it until it's up to scratch again - then I'll perform it. There's nothing wrong with having a large amount of tricks though, it merely depends on whether you can perform them enough. Too many people spout "You should only know _ number of tricks" because this great magician or that great magician said so - and they repeat that quote ad nauseam like sheep without ever thinking about it.

Anyway, some of the currect effects include:

Seven
I Know Kung Fu
Girls' Night Out
Nu Sense
Out of this Universe
A name which is secretly slightly vulgar so won't be mentioned

Sep 1, 2007
I generally like to perform my own material, but I consistently also do an Ambitious Card Routine (pretty standard), I'll generally do a card across and card to mouth routine as an opener. I really like wave the aces, Las Vegas Leaper, Infliction, and Blueprint

As far as coins go, I'm a big fan of The Deep and Unicoin, and I perform Bite Me whenever I can. Crosslink's another big one or I'll do missing link.

At the table, I'll do Reset, Mondo-Nifty Invisible Palm, Deja-Vu, Thank You Le Paul, and Cold (that's a great one). I also have a routine I do with the Slipshot.

I do lots of Larry Jennings routines and some Paul Le Paul ones.

But the thing is, I generally do tricks depending on the situation. I like to talk with my audiences and if I think that they're going to respond to a certain coin trick better than crazy man's handcuffs, I'll do that. The routines themselves I really like to choreograph, but when and where I do them is entirely dependent on the situation.

But for consistency's sake, I usually always open with Card Across and Card to Mouth and I usually end with Cold or Bite Me.

When I practice, I try to keep everything well-oiled. Versatility is one of the most important things I've learned thus far in magic--the ability to adapt.

Nov 8, 2007
My repertoire is always changing, but this is what I'm performing now...

CARDS
Angle Zero
Ambitious Card
Bad Influence
Biddle Trick
Branded
Card in Hand
Card to Mouth
Haunted Deck (Loops)
Heartbeat
Indecent
Las Vegas Leaper
Out of This World (From a Shuffled Deck)
Red Hot Mamma
Torn and Restored Transpo
Two Card Monte
Ultimate Transpo
Wave The Aces
Strange Travelers Deck

OTHER
Coin in Bottle/Coinbite
Coin That Falls Up/Muscle Pass
Extreme Burn
Floating Bill (Loops)
Floating Ring (Loops)
Fraud
Hair (Loops)
Hoy Book Test (Osterlind's Handling)
Ladybug
Leaf
Mr. Clean Coins Across
Mystery Glasses (Loops)
PK Time
Quantum Bender 2.0 Coin Bend
Ring Thing
Rubberband Routine (Crazy Man's Handcuffs/Slink/Band Through Hand)
Sinful
Stigmata V2
STS
Third Eye Magazine Test

Currently working on getting Control and Invisible Palm up to performance level.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 19, 2008
manchester
oh dear, I dont actually have a repertoire (shock horror)

I just know tricks that I like, and that I may or may not be able to perform. (this is a list of the tricks that are gonna be in my repetoir when ive made it)

control
invisible palm
saw (maybe)
pen spinning
billet switch center tear type effect
gambling demonstrations (im not sure)
a hard core coin routine (sleight of hand)
for andruzzi (maybe)
phrophet/extreme burn
that trick were a candle lights itself (maybe)
crying blood (if I get the things you need)
maybe x finger
smoking eye
stop
and maybe some other stuff...

its gonna (probably) gonna be something like...

gambling type stuff
invisible palm
leads into...
billet switch/center tear type trick (do the center tear with a card) + pen spinning
leads into (no idea maybe)
candle type trick
cinders
- vanish the restored card (not sure how cinders works yet)
smoking eye and control and warning (triple power man)
for andruzzi
stop (maybe)

ta dar ;) I have a repertoire, im not sure if it it would work, were I would do it (its a bit long) how im gonna get the money, but it seems alright

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
My repertiore is ever-evolving, but my most frequently performed effects are probably...

-DROP- the reverse visual elevator effect.

-Chill, from the FreezerBurn booklet.

-Sight unseen. A mental effect using my unreleased gimmicked deck, TouchPack.

-Charming Chinese Challeng, Troy Hooser. Excellent three coin penetration effect.

-KickSilver, my signature three coin routine.

-Stigmata, Wayne Houchin.

CL

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Here are mine:

In hand gambling routine:

Dr Daileys last card trick (gambling with 4 cards)
This and that trick (gambling with 3 cards)
2 Card Monte (gambling with 2 cards)

It is a short routine, but you can see how it can flow nicely, and see how the next one is more impossible than the previous one...

Cards changing color routine:

8 Card brainwave
Chicago opener

Routine by Michael Ammar ETMCM vol 1.

Jumping card routine:

Biddle trick
Sandwich transpo
ACR

Dec 3, 2008
Mass.
Close up

CARD UNDER DRINK
Coins Across
A.C.R.
Anniversary
Card to shoe/wallet/mouth
Invis. deck
couple of my own ideas :)

Stand-up

SPIKE
Psychic date
Invisible Touch
Trilogy
No Deck Tossed out deck (no cards are used)

I do night clubs almost every night of the week so I might do 2 or 3 tricks per group. What I will perform is a short list, but the work very well.

Stigmata
Believe
unBELIEVEable
Icon
Sympathy for the Devil
My Favorite opener
Sam the Bellhop
Witness
Card under glass
Card trick for the blind
Frozen in Time
Spook
Melting Coin
My own version of Factory Sealed where I hand the bottle to them to open and its still sealed and there are no gaffs. I do it with a signed coin as well. That one leaves them breathless. Its VERY easy to do too.

I have a lot of my own tricks that I enjoy doing as well.

I'm very picky about what I'll perform because theres a few cheesy magicians in my area and I will NOT do the same tricks they do. This way I can make a living without the competition. There great guys and friends, but its also business.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results