What happened to magicians?

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Ahahahahaha! That just made my day! ....Wait.....He was serious? Heres a few things i'd like to say

1. Card college was totally wasted on him. Jeez this kid like failed 5th gradde 10 times in a row or something to not know to buy volume 1 before you get volume 2.

2. Finger palm is one of the easiest coin slieght in the world (if not, the easiest)

3. Those 2 dvds that he said was garbage because it was too hard. WTF?! of course it will be hard, you havent even practiced it!

4. i laughed that the only thing he liked was the m5. Which was the only garbage thing in there in my opinion. "Brad christian is one of the better magicians" roflmao

This kid seems to not think that most magician have to actually WORK to get good. cuz the m5 was a gimmick and gimmicks usually dont take much work.

The nerdy Criss Angel wanna-be.

D

Deleted member 2755

He looses all credibility for buying the things himself!

He mentions that shipping added an extra 20 bucks somewhere in the middle of the video thus meaning he didn't even know the price. I guess Daddy bought it all for him and he's trying to look like a big boy.:p

Yes.... he is ignorant. Things are too hard so he just gives up and says they all suck. This is the average kid starting magic. DO NOT BECOME THIS PERSON. Practice hard and don't say something sucks because it's too hard.

-Doug

Mar 29, 2008
HAHAHA. Oh man - 3 weeks.

Guys - a lesson to be learned and a bit of humbling may be needed.

First - the kid doesn't know any better - if he grows and learns from experience in the real world...he will be embarrassed of his posts. 3 weeks guys! We have all been there - not all of us started off knowing what the right direction was. Actually, most of you still post on this forum trying to find your path. Personally - the first trick I asked the shop dealer about was how to bite a coin...the last...if he had any of Jack Parker's book, 52 Memories in. This is growth we have all faced.

What we fear is that he won't grow - he will be added to the list of thousands of hacks that exist in our hobby; however, these hacks exist in every craft. We can only do our best to make magic better - worry about ourselves. Also, we can lend an helpful hand and help guide those that don't know...some will get it and some won't - however, why waste your time making those that don't get it, try and get it? They have their own journey.

So the humbling - worry about your own magic - make yourself as good as you can, and your audiences will see the difference. I promise - by the way - Aaron Fisher gave me very similar advice when I was dealing with a hack in my own town...and it made the difference. Thanks Fish.

So in short, worry about you - this guy isn't ruining magic for you - he is ruining it for him. Let's just hope he gets it before it is too late. I bet he will regret dismissing the good stuff later in life...we all know, it is his loss.

I just want to know how to buy off this kid?! haha.

I fail to see why the topic title is "what happened to magicians?", and this is because I fail to see why someone should call this boy a magician.
So chill down, guys, he's just a stupid little kid who thinks magic is easy and who really need to get out and talk to girls more often. That's all there is to it, really.

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Just watching this video pissed me off, the kid doesn't like over half of the stuff he ordered because they were to hard? I hate kids like that. Although I did get a good laugh when he said that Brad Christian is one of the better street magicians. And the only reason he wanted to practice the with the M5 is because Brad Christian uses it.

I fail to see why the topic title is "what happened to magicians?", and this is because I fail to see why someone should call this boy a magician.
So chill down, guys, he's just a stupid little kid who thinks magic is easy and who really need to get out and talk to girls more often. That's all there is to it, really.

Well I couldn't think of a title. It was really late when I made this thread and was a bit cofused.:p

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Very true words, Morgician.

What I find funny, is how everyone on this thread came here to complain about the kid when he is not only not affecting your magic, but unaware of your responses to him!

Wouldn't it make more sense to you all to help him out by giving him advice through YouTube?

He's only been in it for three weeks, and admits his bedtime is at 9:30. He's a kid who is just starting out, give him a break. We all did stupid stuff as a child; whether it was related to magic or not.

I see now way how bashing this kid is going to help anyone.

Also, not sure if you guys realized, but he has a comedy account...not sure if that's any indication, but maybe should be taken into consideration.

Just my .02

-ThrallMind

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

i love this kid.

Stuff's funnier when it hurts a little.

Poor pudgy bastard just wants to be special and not have to work for it. Isn't that what we all want?

Seriously though, even if he is wallowing in ignorance, that is one honest youtube post. You know you've thought that too. I remember sitting down with "Amateur Magician's Handbook" by Henry Hay (Yes. I am that old.) and thinking, "This is too d@mn hard. I should have bought another thumb tip."

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
When I started learning magic, I had difficulties learning some sleights but it never occurred to me to give up. I told myself that I spent my money on it and I will not waste a single cent. That kid has much to learn in life.

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
Very true words, Morgician.

What I find funny, is how everyone on this thread came here to complain about the kid when he is not only not affecting your magic, but unaware of your responses to him!

Wouldn't it make more sense to you all to help him out by giving him advice through YouTube?

He's only been in it for three weeks, and admits his bedtime is at 9:30. He's a kid who is just starting out, give him a break. We all did stupid stuff as a child; whether it was related to magic or not.

I see now way how bashing this kid is going to help anyone.

Also, not sure if you guys realized, but he has a comedy account...not sure if that's any indication, but maybe should be taken into consideration.

Just my .02

-ThrallMind

you are absolutely right. when i was ten i used to hit on sixteen year old girls. looking back and remembering some of the stuff i said i am embarrased. looking back i feel so stupid that i used pickup lines like that. the point is i pray to god that this is the same thing for this kid. i pray that he soon realizes how stupid he is being.

Aug 5, 2008
Stupid Kid.If he wants to learn magic he should learn the basics first.Thats just one of the thousands out there.

Jan 27, 2008
I have no idea how telling someone they suck will make them good. Giving him some constructive criticm, even if it's pretty harsh, will help a lot. If you guys tried talking to him like you might if you met him in real life, he would use that advice to get better. Saying "F'ck you,
Card College is awesome will not do anything for him besides make video's like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQKnXyWaSW4&feature=related

Like Richard says, it's a lot easier to be an a-hole to people through the internet than it is in real life... just give him some tips on practicing and buying book one of CC. If, after you try to help him and he still thinks your 'being a jerk,' then stop trying, and you've done all you can do.

Well, I subcribed to him, his video's are actually hilarious.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Aww, I actually felt slightly sorry for him in that last one. The vids are funny but posting loads of hate comments won't help him. I agree with Bicyclemagik, trey to help him a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

and the Nitwit Magicians lives in all of us....?!

I was just thinking about the Nitwit Magician. I'm not gonna lie, I found this guy hilarious. I'm considering making a Youtube account just to help this guy out. =P

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
lol why ant kids do what mostly everyone else does when they wanna get started in magic (and what i did)
is search the web for "learn magic tricks" and click the first link given lol...

sigh i scrolled those videos on that certain site for like 8 months, perfecting almost every little horribly performed trick i saw, before i spent a dime on anything.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results