What if?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Let's play a game, is something somewhat fun :), and we can think about cool ways to change things or to fix things in case something goes wrong.

The game is simple, I start saying a problem like "what if your cards wet themselves in the middle of the performance?" the next post should answer this question in ingenious way and also try to make it work to our advantage, and that person will propose the next "what if" situation. :p.

Lets play.

May 3, 2008
I'd either ask them what it really was, and say that's funny because that's the card I turned face up in this other pack (invisible deck) with something like that patter-wise. Or, if I didn't have an invisible deck, I'd say "Well what was it? That can't be right because I don't even have that card in the pack" as I spread through the cards. After finding it and acting surprised and disappointed, I'd cull it to the top of the deck and do a color change.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
What would you do if you produce the wrong card?

if i produce the wrong card, i either already know what there card is, or ask them. Do a quick cull, and do a shake change. play it off like i meant to do that.
If the wrong card is produced its usually only off by one or two from the top or bottom.

hope that makes sense!

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I've produced the wrong card before back in the day. I think i did the invisible deck thing or color change.

If I fell off my chair on stage I would probably go "Careful over here that was some sudden gust of gravity." Then maybe get up and shove the chair over "Showed him who's boss.."

Just some ideas...

What if...

You are doing a ring disappearance and the ring does not make it back to your back pocket??

Happened to a famous magician once performing for the Trumps, with Ivanna Trump's ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Nah, it's okay if multiple people anser it, the idea is to have tons of "what if' and thus, tons of answers :)

Well in that case...
If I produced the wrong card I would say "then you didnt pick the right card!" in a comical angry manner. Since I always have a key card next to the selection just in case I ever do lose it,I spread the cards out face up on the table and say "ok but it is in here right?" they say "yes" and then I produce it in a different way.
I never do card locations like this though so its all hypothetical.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Well in that case...
If I produced the wrong card I would say "then you didnt pick the right card!" in a comical angry manner. Since I always have a key card next to the selection just in case I ever do lose it,I spread the cards out face up on the table and say "ok but it is in here right?" they say "yes" and then I produce it in a different way.
I never do card locations like this though so its all hypothetical.

You must be a boy scout! I like that idea. Not unlike always forcing a card no matter if you need it or not.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I would browse their selection of electronics.

I'm with you.
Actually, I'd "magically" make a few Iphones disappear from the MAC store.

EDIT:Okay, in all reality, I'd produce and Iphone (or an Ipod touch), from thin air. They're cardish shaped, so it would be a little easier than some things. Maybe do a little hand washing sequence with it, then pull it from someone's ear...someth'n like that.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I would perform my version of bill to apple.
Thats a great idea.

I would make a real apple come off one of the drawings. With the little half bitten off, as in the picture. I said you dont have cards. I never said anyone couldnt plan a performance ahead of time haha

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Thats a great idea.

I would make a real apple come off one of the drawings. With the little half bitten of as in the picture. I said you dont have cards. I never said anyone couldnt plan a performance ahead of time haha

hahaha, true true.

I was also thinking of maybe do a mentalism routine with the computers, tell somebody to look at the 8 different models of computers in front of them and to pick one. After they are thinking that, you correctly guess the computer model they were thinking off and not only that, you approach the computer, and you push a button (to make it go off the standby mode) and the little box where they ask for the password says:

Owner of this mac : name of the spectator.

:)

Something like that.

Dec 30, 2008
You never said we were performing magic though. :D

What if your cards actually did wet themselves?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results